• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF in Atlanta meetup

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
We could, but there are people from the Atlanta area who may or may not need to finish exams and what not at that time and will be unable to attend. I know for me as well, the end of April is no good.

End of April is no good for me, too.

-Karim

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm in. June is good for me. At the moment, my calendar is surprisingly open. Pretty much all of April is pretty much impossible for me, however.

No complaints from me on L5P. I can drop the wife off with a friend in Virginia Highlands and head that way.

If we're doing L5P I'm tempted to suggest Vortex, just for one of those burgers...

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
I'm in. June is good for me. At the moment, my calendar is surprisingly open. Pretty much all of April is pretty much impossible for me, however.

No complaints from me on L5P. I can drop the wife off with a friend in Virginia Highlands and head that way.

If we're doing L5P I'm tempted to suggest Vortex, just for one of those burgers...

I didn't know there were so many Atlanta folks here. I might be interested since I live in midtown, but I hate Vortex and their over seasoned/over cooked burgers. The concept of moderation is lost on them - both in little 5 and on peachtree
tongue.gif

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Porter makes a solid cheeseburger as well. And their fries are glorious.
Better than the tots at the Vortex...and that's saying something.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerdykarim

+1 on both points. I don't have multiple tattoos or wear skin tight jeans...so I always feel out of place.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ramuman
I didn't know there were so many Atlanta folks here. I might be interested since I live in midtown, but I hate Vortex and their over seasoned/over cooked burgers. The concept of moderation is lost on them - both in little 5 and on peachtree
tongue.gif

I'm actually out in Athens finishing grad school, but I always enjoy a trip to Atlanta. Plus, I'm probably going to end up in the area when I find a job, so it never hurts to network.

Originally Posted by nerdykarim

If the The Porter is as good as you say, you won't hear any complaints from me.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
I'm actually out in Athens finishing grad school, but I always enjoy a trip to Atlanta. Plus, I'm probably going to end up in the area when I find a job, so it never hurts to network.

If the The Porter is as good as you say, you won't hear any complaints from me.

So, guys, want to meet once at the end of April and then again in mid-June? We should be able to get a few for an April meetup.

Strange

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG

Ditto on the Vortex for the cheeseburgers. I'm down.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't live in Atlanta anymore, but if the date is right, I might make a weekend out of it and drop by..

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
I don't live in Atlanta anymore, but if the date is right, I might make a weekend out of it and drop by..

Since you don't live here, what dates would be convenient for you and we will make it happen?

fence28

Reaction score
I'm just a newbie on the forum but it would be nice to meetup in June. April would be impossible at the moment. The suggestion of Porter sounds good. Vortex was alright not just something I would go to again.

pwy95a

Reaction score
Not to throw off the momentum for Porter or Vortex, but I myself think that JCT Bar (upstairs) would be a perfect place to link up for drinks/ light food. For a couple reasons:

1. It's next door to Sid Mashburn - we could easily convince those boys to meet us after work
2. Just my opinion, but when I think of gathering of guys who love style, I don't think of the clientele at either Porter or Vortex.

P

fence28

Reaction score
Now that sounds like a plan. I've never been to Sid Mashburn.

JPG

Reaction score
I'd be interested in attending. The Porter has a great beer list and I've never been to JCT Bar.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads