• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF group buy poll: Skookum Varsity Jacket.

JO3B

Reaction score
looks like penelope cruz it is.

and i agree. having one jacket is silly.

again, burgandy grey combo in all wool and navy creme combo in wool leather.

penelope cruz on both.

Reaction score
i am in.
pretty sure.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
hy3.png

from hyr issue 11

I like this colour mix (change the collar for a reg one). You guys should go for a variation of that. Note that I'm not in as I don't wear that preppy stuff and it would look silly with my wardrobe anyway.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I like this colour mix (change the collar for a reg one). You guys should go for a variation of that. Note that I'm not in as I don't wear that preppy stuff and it would look silly with my wardrobe anyway.

i agree this is my fav without the collar

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
hy3.png

It would be nice if the collar were changed to the regular one, but I think it would have to be a grey collar to work. The black would be a little too much black overall and bring too much contrast to the neck.

Also, I hope that the fit can be adjusted. The bagginess that's in some of the fit picks is a little too much. Something similar fitting to what the APC guy's wearing would be ideal.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
Also, I hope that the fit can be adjusted. The bagginess that's in some of the fit picks is a little too much. Something similar fitting to what the APC guy's wearing would be ideal.

Yeah, that I'm not so sure about, but I haven't asked yet. May just have to size down.

Talked with them briefly again today. Got a ballpark price--we really aren't asking for a lot of nonstandard features.

Jacket with--
Leather raglan sleeves
Leather trim on pockets (this is apparently standard)
Foldover cuffs/collar ("swiss knit")
Standard nylon lining (not quilted)
Standard snap front

Will be about $122. Most options add $5-$10 per (e.g., cuffs were $5). She's sending me a fabric swatch sheet to compare their various burgundys (I tried to describe the burgundy on the jp jacket, but it wasn't translating--either they don't carry it in-house or they do and I'll see it on a swatch). Changing the colors does not change the price, unless you want white wool.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Will be about $122. Most options add $5-$10 per (e.g., cuffs were $5). .
Glad to hear this. Very doable as far as jackets go.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny tidbit--she had to ask me what the postal abbreviation for Maryland was--guess they don't do a ton of shipping here
smile.gif

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
It would be nice if the collar were changed to the regular one, but I think it would have to be a grey collar to work. The black would be a little too much black overall and bring too much contrast to the neck.

I'd match the cuffs and ribbing (so black) to leave as much authenticity aspossible, you're going for an americana style not a modern re-design, no?

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Small detail - on some of the jackets leather trim on the pockets has triangles at the ends, on others it doesn't. I personally don't like the triangles at all, but it's something that should probably be specified either way so that no one is surprised by what we end up with.

Shoreman, did you happen to get any measurements?

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I'd match the cuffs and ribbing (so black) to leave as much authenticity aspossible, you're going for an americana style not a modern re-design, no?
Don't know what other people's goals are here, but I will sacrifice some authenticity so that the overall look of the jacket is still good. It'll be tough to wear if it doesn't work despite how authentic it is.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wohoo, sweet price. Now if you wait until summer, and the swedish currency regains some of its strength...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics