• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF group buy poll #2: which skookum varsity?

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gimme a minute to get the poll options up, jerks.

PLEASE VOTE ONLY IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT BUYING A JACKET.

Glad to see all the interest in the first poll. Also all the discussion on possible jackets. I can't try to draw up samples, so you'll have to use your imaginations.

Jacket #1
Dark burgundy wool body, gray leather raglan sleeves. Foldover cuffs and collar in burgundy. Snap front. Standard, leather-trim pockets (I assume the trim would be gray?). Standard nylon lining. This has been priced at $122 (not including fees/shipping).

We don't have a good pic of this but the color of the wool should be like on this jacket
img55708604.jpg

Jacket #2
Navy wool body, cream leather raglan sleeves. Foldover collar and cuffs in navy. Snap front. Standard leather trim pockets. Standard nylon lining. Don't see why the price would differ from #1.
Essentially, this jacket without the pocket goofiness.
skm-le-st-nvc.jpg

Jacket #3
Gray heathered wool body, white leather set-in sleeves. Foldover collar and cuffs in black. Snap front. Standard leather trim pockets. Standard nylon lining. This may be a couple of dollars cheaper than the others.
The centralia equivalent of this jacket but with a foldover collar.
hy3.png

I'm open for a couple of further tweaks, especially on 2 or 3, but 1 seems pretty set.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A pic of Hedi Slimane in a varsity jacket, courtesy asterix on sufu. There is no chance the SF one will look like this
smile.gif

5.jpg

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If, perchance, you liked 3 but preferred raglan sleeves, you should've voted option 4.

This poll is too hard for jocks.

Johnny Amiga

Reaction score
#3 or #3 with a burgundy body instead of grey. I'm in for either one, as long as it's all wool. Not into leather sleeves.

Flock

Reaction score
Huge lurker here, but i would really love to get in on those order, been following the other threads. I have voted for my preference.

dave

Reaction score
I threw in for #2 but could easily go with #3 if that's the direction it goes. I was hoping for a burgundy/burgundy #1 though.

mgoose

Reaction score
I haven't voted yet as I want to think about it, but I only want Raglan sleeves, that's a dealbreaker for me.

Prefer leather, but could be sold on wool depending on how it looks.

Reaction score
yeah, raglan sleeves are a must. i like #3 with raglan sleeves. not crazy about white leather.
truth is, i am in despite the colorway.

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jacket #1
Dark burgundy wool body, gray leather raglan sleeves. Foldover cuffs and collar in burgundy. Snap front. Standard, leather-trim pockets (I assume the trim would be gray?). Standard nylon lining. This has been priced at $122 (not including fees/shipping).

What happened to the original jacket pictured with the zippers? The above version sounds like any other varsity jacket, basically the castrated version of the pictured one.

Lostinthesupermarket

Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
any chance of undyed wool and just regular undyed brown leather?

That sounds kind of cool. What about the cuffs collar and hem ribbing?
Undyed wool also?

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was not cut out to be a manager.

Originally Posted by Johnny Amiga
#3 or #3 with a burgundy body instead of grey. I'm in for either one, as long as it's all wool. Not into leather sleeves.

Right now, all options have leather sleeves, as that was the overwhelming winner in the original poll.

Originally Posted by Flock
Huge lurker here, but i would really love to get in on those order, been following the other threads. I have voted for my preference.

Welcome to the world of posting! I have done it several thousand times.

Originally Posted by dave
I threw in for #2 but could easily go with #3 if that's the direction it goes. I was hoping for a burgundy/burgundy #1 though.

I analyzed the original poll results before I posted this, scientifically interpreted my vote to count as 2 votes, and chose accordingly. If there's a large shift in public opinion I could be swayed to all-burgundy, myself.

Originally Posted by mgoose
I haven't voted yet as I want to think about it, but I only want Raglan sleeves, that's a dealbreaker for me.

Prefer leather, but could be sold on wool depending on how it looks.

Sounds like you and ddml are on the same team. Again, wool sleeves not really under consideration right now.

yeah, raglan sleeves are a must. i like #3 with raglan sleeves. not crazy about white leather.
truth is, i am in despite the colorway.

I'm not a fan of white leather either--I feel that jacket looks really good in the pic but would look less good on me.

Originally Posted by blackplatano
What happened to the original jacket pictured with the zippers? The above version sounds like any other varsity jacket, basically the castrated version of the pictured one.

Scientific analysis of the poll determined that snap front was the clear leader for closures. I'm sorry if I've castrated anything. FWIW, I like buttons!

any chance of undyed wool and just regular undyed brown leather?

I can ask. Wouldn't you kind of look like a sheep?

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackplatano

+1. I voted for the burgundy one, but double zipper would be so much nicer than snap front. Lack of it might be a dealbreaker.

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
+1. I voted for the burgundy one, but double zipper would be so much nicer than snap front. Lack of it might be a dealbreaker.

Definitely, I'm out as of now if these are the only options. I could maybe go for #3, but I think there are enough of us that prefer the burgundy jacket that we could do our own group buy if it comes down to that.

P.S is the burgundy jacket even made by this company or is it a picture of a random jacket that should be reproduced?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads