• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Gainesville meet - calling all Floridians

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
It's come to my attention (rather, since I started actually noticing) that there's a few Gainesville dwellers here at the Style Forum. Me, chronoaug, Sabrosa, and a few lurkers who PM'ed me at some point being the only examples I can think of right now, but surely there's a few more lurkers or people who don't post much.

So, I'd be interested in having a little meet. Get to know one another personally. Cheapmutha, if he could make it, (*nudge*) would be a great addition to the group.

Anyone dig?

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im down... let me know when.

i mean, gainesville is full of beautiful girls still, right? i know it was when i lived there.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Whenever is good for you, and others. I've talked a bit about it with chronoaug, and he's within arm's reach of where I live.

If you wanted to go anywhere fashiony related, about the only somewhat worthwhile things I can think of is American Apparel (just opened here last fall) and Ego (a place that pretty much just has marked up Lacoste etc., nothing worthwhile or better than New York city). Of course, there's always the Oaks Mall but it just plain sucks unless you want some decent Levi's.

Now there are some excellent little restaurants and bistro type places here, as both chrono and I will attest to. Leonardo's 706, Bistro [some number, I forget] and Emiliano's are pretty classy. The first one serves all sorts of great dishes, but their personal pizzas in particular are something to be tried at least once in your life ($10 well spent, IMHO). I haven't been to the bistro much, but it's well priced and serves the kind of food you'd expect. Emiliano's is a good Italian restaurant from what I know... I think I may have been there when I was like nine years old.

Sabrosa

Reaction score
I'd be down for a meet up...mmm Emilianos and Dragonfly are by far my favorite restaurants here. 706 is really good as well.

Sabrosa

Reaction score
The Italian place you are thinking of is Amelia's, by that fountain in the Sun Center. Emiliano's is a delicious Spanish/Cuban style restaurant (also downtown).

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, ive never been to any of those places(except leos)... i mainly ate at gyro plus and burrito bros... ahh... the life of a poor non-student.

name a date, and ill let you know if i can make it.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Emilianos is pan latin stuff. Amelia's is a fancy italian place.Emiliano's has some really kick ass food though. One of my favorite places in the city and they have a really cool atmosphere for hanging out and talking. Yes, cheap, girls galore. Just wait till the weather gets warmer..... I'd be down for having dinner somewhere.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
I almost think it's best if we have it while the weather is cold, while we can layer up and show off our "fits."
tongue.gif
Yeah, I confused the two places... I didn't think of Dragonfly, either. Here's a list of some highly recommended places. Casual/refined casual dining: -Amelia's: The Italian place I was thinking of, obviously. However, the parking situation like anywhere near the Sun Centre is near-hopeless, especially on weekends. -Bistro 1245: Bistro food, good prices. -Dragonfly: Stylish Japanese sushi place... highly recommended if willing to spend a bit. You can customize everything in your roll, which is nice. Be prepared to spend more for an extra roll if you're a big eater. Also at Sun Centre. -Emiliano's: What chrono said; pan Latin. -Farah's On the Avenue: Nice, quiet cafÃ
00a9.png
with Mediterranean and American dishes. Also has a hookah lounge. -Leonardo's 706: Great little restaurant with a variety of dishes; more upscale than say, Ryan's Steakhouse. (I highly recommend the Mondo Cheese pizza.) Quick food: -Gyro Plus: Best gyros in town, IMHO. Quite affordable, too. -Leonardo's by the Slice: Owned by the same people as Bistro 1245 and 706. The bistro is actually in the same building as this place. My favourite NY style pizza. If any of you can make any more suggestions, go for it. I'd like to hear of more places I haven't been to. Website for Bistro 1245, Leonardo's 706, and Leonardo's by the Slice with menus: http://www.leonardos706.com

chronoaug

Reaction score
Out of all of those, i think Emiliano's would be best for a group to sit around and talk. The outside area, and even indoors is a bit more laid back and social than the other dining places not including leo's and gyro. Or we could all go to guthries and eat fried chicken until we can't fit into our already tight jeans.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Good point.

How would... next Monday be for any of you? Possibly this weekend, but I'd like to avoid weekend traffic.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im out of town this weekend... next saturday would probably work tho. may have to bring my daughter, but im sure that will be fine. shes a partyer.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
You have a daughter? You're quite a young father! Sure, bring her along.
smile.gif
Next Saturday sounds good. Hopefully we could all meet midday so the traffic isn't so bad and parking is somewhat available. Or, we can meet at my place and carpool, which would be efficient on gas and parking. (No, I'm not giving out my address on a public forum, so we'd all have to IM or email to discuss that.) EDIT: I just realized I'm actually going camping next weekend. Sorry.

chronoaug

Reaction score
The evening at emiliano's isn't too bad. You can make reservations, and if you don't mind walking 5-10 minutes, you can just park where the night life folk don't park. It doesn't start getting bad till 10pm. I've made reservations with them and it works out. If the weather is nice we can sit outside which is what we'll probably have to do with a big crowd.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Nice. I hear it's a bit expensive though... what kind of pricing should we expect?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads