• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF for womens clothing?

jpo

Reaction score
I really want to find a forum/sales area like styleforum but for womens clothing.

I need to score an occasional item for my wife, so she is all about supporting my deal hunting for fine sartorial items! I'm always knocking the quality of her clothing, so I guess I need to put up or shut up.
As all of those boxes showing up at our house are always for me!

Anyone have any suggestions of where to start getting some info?

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpo
I really want to find a forum/sales area like styleforum but for womens clothing.

I need to score an occasional item for my wife, so she is all about supporting my deal hunting for fine sartorial items! I'm always knocking the quality of her clothing, so I guess I need to put up or shut up.
As all of those boxes showing up at our house are always for me!

Anyone have any suggestions of where to start getting some info?

WOW. This is my story exactly. PM me if you find anything... I have looked to no avail.

Albern

Reaction score
Hey jpo,

Great question; I too have been meaning to ask this since my own search prompted nothing. Us guys have it much easier with respect to finding quality garments than women. I think much of it has to do with how both sides of the fashion industry are wired very differently. Men's clothing and tastes evolve slowly over time while women's change from season to season.

I remember walking into a high end clothing shop once and asking about fully canvassed suits for women but unfortunately they didn't carry anything like that. I think it also has to do with the evening gown syndrome (can't think of a better term for it now) but I've observed that women will buy things and will only wear it once under ideal conditions of course. With guys part of the desire of quality over quantity has to do with the fact that something like a suit can last for decades when properly taken care of.

In any case the B & S area does once in a while have some things for women; from what I've seen so far they tend to be of higher quality anyway.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've found the only quasi-equivalent to be purseforums http://forum.purseblog.com/

You have to understand the differences between mens and womens clothing, or rather, what women want in their clothing. You will never find a women's discussion board talking about tweed suits, bespoke, and the latest welted wingtips.

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just call the Woodbury RL shop during the next frenzy. Tell Alex your ladies size and let her find something. To date this has not failed me.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AAC has a Women's forum. It is not as active as the men's forum, but there are some pretty knowledgeable women who post replies there, especially regarding formal clothing.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
There are more ressources for women than men on the net... Now for women wanting to dress like Hilary Clinton this might be harder, maybe that's not such a bad thing.

If you wanna please your GF just buy her some ******* Balenciaga heels and don't go weeping when you find out they're not goodyear welted.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads