• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
You guys are both acting like children. Thanks for ruining the league this year.
You're welcome. FWIW, I apologize for doing any damage to or aggravating anyone other than Steve. None of you deserve to play with cheaters and people who act like spoiled, selfish bitches either. I just can't take it anymore. He must be stopped. The last time I struck someone out of anger, which was nine years ago... he was a drunk who didn't know when to stop being an annoying *****, so I kicked him and sent him to the hospital for three days with internal bleeding. If I could have just kicked Steve instead of ******* up the league, I would have rather done that instead.

Buster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
You're welcome.

FWIW, I apologize for doing any damage to or aggravating anyone other than Steve. None of you deserve to play with cheaters and people who act like spoiled, selfish bitches either. I just can't take it anymore. He must be stopped.

You are not aggravating anyone. My only chance of winning it is if you continue to bench you players. Thanks.
(I hope Steve doesn't read - but do you mind trading me all of your best players. This way I can make sure he doesn't win)

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
You guys are both acting like children. Thanks for ruining the league this year.

Sorry, Brian.

I believe I did my best to minimize the situation.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^ That was pretty funny. Especially since you created the entire situation, refuse to apologize for being a dick, and basically told us you'd cheat if you felt like it, because that's how your other league does things.
smile.gif
Originally Posted by Steve B.
I believe I did my best to escalate the situation.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this whole thing just a big joke on the rest of us?
eh.gif

If so, well done.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
Is this whole thing just a big joke on the rest of us?
eh.gif

If so, well done.

I wish it were funny.

Generally speaking though, I don't make jokes that involve me wasting half a year of planning and work just so I don't feel like I'm allowing someone to get away with treating other people like ****.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Edinatlanta's team is really sad. I haven't put up any numbers since Thursday night, and he's still going to lose 7-3 to me.
smile.gif

Buster

Reaction score
Edinatlanta's team is really sad. I haven't put up any numbers since Thursday night, and he's still going to lose 7-3 to me.
smile.gif

I was just about to post about that. This is beyond sad. It is almost an achievement in of itself.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The last time I struck someone out of anger, which was nine years ago... he was a drunk who didn't know when to stop being an annoying *****, so I kicked him and sent him to the hospital for three days with internal bleeding. If I could have just kicked Steve instead of ******* up the league, I would have rather done that instead.

Jesus H. Christ. Whether you're right or wrong in the issue at hand (and honestly, I don't care; I have no dog in this hunt), this is beyond the pale.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vintage Gent
Jesus H. Christ. Whether you're right or wrong in the issue at hand (and honestly, I don't care; I have no dog in this hunt), this is beyond the pale.
In a normal circumstance I'd agree with you. But considering that he's threatening me with the abuse of his power here, I don't believe saying that I want to hit him is out of order. I DO want to hit him. He's pissed me off. Sometimes people just need to be hit. I'm not usually that guy, like I said, it's been years since I swung at anyone for any reason other than self defense, but in this situation, yeah... that's how I feel. If my behavior crosses the line, then it crosses the line and I'll take my punishment like a big boy. I wouldn't be surprised if it resulted in me being banned or timed out. I'd appreciate it if someone other than Steve did it though. I don't like how he's only a Mod when he's banning me or threatening to abuse his power over me. If M@t, Fok, or J want me gone, then I will take that.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In a normal circumstance I'd agree with you. But considering that he's threatening me with the abuse of his power here, I don't believe saying that I want to hit him is out of order. I DO want to hit him. He's pissed me off.

Beyond the fact that wanting to hit someone over a disagreement in a fantasy baseball league is an overreaction in the extreme (and pathetic to boot), you suggested you wanted to put him in the hospital for three days with internal bleeding. How, after such a truly violent implied threat, you haven't been banned is beyond me.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Beyond the fact that wanting to hit someone over a disagreement in a fantasy baseball league is an overreaction in the extreme (and pathetic to boot), you suggested you wanted to put him in the hospital for three days with internal bleeding. How, after such a truly violent implied threat, you haven't been banned is beyond me.
I'm sorry if you took it that way. It's not what I meant. I told that story to make it very apparent that I don't usually want to hit people. I am not that guy. I have been hit pretty recently and just laughed it off. I would feel just as bad if I happened to hit Steve and put him in the hospital as I did when I kicked my drunken roomate and did the same thing to him. I didn't mean to hospitalize him, but that doesn't really mean that he didn't deserve to be hit. Steve, had he done something that got me this pissed off in my presence, would probably have been hit. It is out of character for me, thats it. I wouldn't go through some fancy storytelling phase if I wanted to just come out and threaten Steve with hospitalization or death. I would have just said it. That is not what I meant. If it gets me banned, I've already said I understand why. I can see how what I said could be taken the way you did. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score

He's trying to get me to ban him so he can jump up and down and scream that I've abused my authority.

Between here and the league he's posted about 20 times on this. I'm beginning to think he's psychotic, and maybe a weekend under observation at a good mental health facility is what's really needed.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
He's trying to get me to ban him so he can jump up and down and scream that I've abused my authority. Between here and the league he's posted about 20 times on this. I'm beginning to think he's psychotic, and maybe a weekend under observation at a good mental health facility is what's really needed.
You've already abused your authority. It's too late for that. Despite what you believe, I am perfectly mentally fine at the moment, aside from being pissed off at you. You aren't helping matters any, of course. You keep poking. Do you see me picking fights with other people? You are the one who I'm pissed off at, you keep on acting like an a-hole. I keep on being mad and acting like an a-hole back. That's how this game is played. Any time you want to apologize and or shut up, it will eventually devolve in to me not talking to or about you and you not talking to or about me. AT ALL. At this point, it's pretty much the only solution we have left.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You've already abused your authority. It's too late for that.

Despite what you believe, I am perfectly mentally fine at the moment, aside from being pissed off at you. You aren't helping matters any, of course. You keep poking. Do you see me picking fights with other people? You are the one who I'm pissed off at, you keep on acting like an a-hole. I keep on being mad and acting like an a-hole back. That's how this game is played. Any time you want to apologize and or shut up, it will eventually devolve in to me not talking to or about you and you not talking to or about me. AT ALL. At this point, it's pretty much the only solution we have left.

Man, you guys are ready throw away your friendship over a fantasy baseball game?
eh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads