1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by aportnoy, May 17, 2006.

1. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

I voted against it and I encourage others to do the same.
    Just goes to show what a little bitch you can be. I won't forget that. You might as well drop out of the fantasy football league, cause if you are going to put your nose where it doesn't belong in baseball, I'm going to make your life miserable in football this year. You want to play dirty, I'll play dirty. I thought that despite all your idiocy, you were at least a fair sportsman. I'm doubly glad now that you will never beat me. I'm surprised you have any friends. Way to be an unbelievable cunt.

2. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

What "trade veto" is NOT for. Courtesy of another site.

They are called ethics Steve, and just because you don't seem to have any, and have decided to play by the lowest common denominator, doesn't mean that you are good at it. You are a terrible sportsman, and obviously it gets you nothing in return. You still suck, even when you pull underhanded dirty shit like this.

3. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

He votes down my trade because he's a petty, vindictive, jealous, sore loser. And he IS a loser.

If you abuse the trade veto, you throw your lot in with him. Who knows who he does it do next. Maybe you. He is obviously not above using whatever underhanded methods he can devise to ensure this league is run the way HE wants it run. Unfortunately for the rest of us, he sucks pretty badly at running things, and likely will abuse any power given to him as he has abused the trade veto to "strike back" at me for beating him fair and square repeatedly.

We can either be good sportsmen and play this game like its supposed to be played, or we can allow Steve to drag us down to his level. Personally, I'd really enjoy finding every unfair and devious advantage over him I can, but lets just say that up until now, I've done nothing but play this game straight up against all of you. I've never offered, nor accepted a trade that I didn't think was fair. I have never colluded behind anyone's back, or asked anyone to help me fuck someone else over just because I think it would give me an edge. I DON'T NEED IT. I'm fully capable of winning without cheating. Steve, obviously thinks he is not.

4. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Goddamn I wish I could put you on my ignore list. You are a rotten human being.
    Grow some fucking honor and dignity. I can't believe that you would both pull some bullshit like voting down my trade for your own twisted personal reasons, and then openly admit to it. You must be about the dumbest dirty player there is.

Its like you get some sort of sick personal glee at being an untrustworthy asshole and you want to make sure everyone knows it.

5. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

That trade is not even remotely vetoable. Hamels could easily return to form (witness the 8-inning, 4-hit, 1-run performance Slim got from him on his way out), and Zobrist and Montero could easily cool off in a big way (especially the latter). Carpenterrorists had a surplus of extra hitters, and he flipped them for a big-name pitcher with a great offense behind him. You may have an opinion one way or the other, but to say this is not vetoable. People always get out of hand with this stuff when they a see a deal they feel will cost them, when often it's just two managers trading something they have for something they don't. No collusion, no clear-cut winner at this point, no veto.

6. WhateverYouLike

WhateverYouLike Senior member

Why would this be remotely vetoable? I picked Montero up like last week as a spot plug. I have Brian McCann, and Montero is not good enough to take the util spot from my other sluggers. I also like prospecting, so a 2 for 1 gives me some bench room which is necessary since Berkman and Hunter are on the DL. Im also in dire need of pitching - oswalt just got hurt.

7. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

So what? Who made you the arbiter of fairness?
    He thinks he can do without those players, he proposed a trade. I accepted.
    Do you think that just because YOU think something isn't fair, that it isn't fair? What an egotist.
    I think what you mean is that you don't think its fair TO YOU.

Not all trades have to be fair, even, or make sense. Sometimes crazy shit happens. Maybe Hamels is going to finish strong and Zobrist will fade. Montero is splitting time with Snyder, as of now. Who the hell are you, to decide how other people run their teams? Why don't you worry about your own crappy team now?

You'd be lucky to have him. He's still miles better than any of the shitty pitchers you have.
    Who are you to judge how other people rate players anyways? You SUCK AT IT.

FWIW, Montero may be hot, but that's pretty meaningless. He will cool off. He's also going to be splitting time. I feel the need to carry a second C eligible player. I am keeping a very close eye on Inge right now, since it looks like his leg is going to fall off any day now.

Zobrist is who I really wanted. He wanted Hamels. He is willing to give me both players for Hamels, who, by the looks of it, should have been pitching a one hitter through 6 with at least 7k's for Carpenterrorists tonight.

I voted against it and I encourage others to do the same.

Just goes to show what a little bitch you can be. I won't forget that.

You might as well drop out of the fantasy football league, cause if you are going to put your nose where it doesn't belong in baseball, I'm going to make your life miserable in football this year. You want to play dirty, I'll play dirty.

I thought that despite all your idiocy, you were at least a fair sportsman. I'm doubly glad now that you will never beat me. I'm surprised you have any friends. Way to be an unbelievable cunt.

What "trade veto" is NOT for. Courtesy of another site.

They are called ethics Steve, and just because you don't seem to have any, and have decided to play by the lowest common denominator, doesn't mean that you are good at it. You are a terrible sportsman, and obviously it gets you nothing in return. You still suck, even when you pull underhanded dirty shit like this.

He votes down my trade because he's a petty, vindictive, jealous, sore loser. And he IS a loser.

If you abuse the trade veto, you throw your lot in with him. Who knows who he does it do next. Maybe you. He is obviously not above using whatever underhanded methods he can devise to ensure this league is run the way HE wants it run. Unfortunately for the rest of us, he sucks pretty badly at running things, and likely will abuse any power given to him as he has abused the trade veto to "strike back" at me for beating him fair and square repeatedly.

We can either be good sportsmen and play this game like its supposed to be played, or we can allow Steve to drag us down to his level. Personally, I'd really enjoy finding every unfair and devious advantage over him I can, but lets just say that up until now, I've done nothing but play this game straight up against all of you. I've never offered, nor accepted a trade that I didn't think was fair. I have never colluded behind anyone's back, or asked anyone to help me fuck someone else over just because I think it would give me an edge. I DON'T NEED IT. I'm fully capable of winning without cheating. Steve, obviously thinks he is not.

Goddamn I wish I could put you on my ignore list. You are a rotten human being.
    Grow some fucking honor and dignity. I can't believe that you would both pull some bullshit like voting down my trade for your own twisted personal reasons, and then openly admit to it. You must be about the dumbest dirty player there is.

Its like you get some sort of sick personal glee at being an untrustworthy asshole and you want to make sure everyone knows it.

That trade is not even remotely vetoable. Hamels could easily return to form (witness the 8-inning, 4-hit, 1-run performance Slim got from him on his way out), and Zobrist and Montero could easily cool off in a big way (especially the latter). Carpenterrorists had a surplus of extra hitters, and he flipped them for a big-name pitcher with a great offense behind him. You may have an opinion one way or the other, but to say this is not vetoable. People always get out of hand with this stuff when they a see a deal they feel will cost them, when often it's just two managers trading something they have for something they don't. No collusion, no clear-cut winner at this point, no veto.

Why would this be remotely vetoable? I picked Montero up like last week as a spot plug. I have Brian McCann, and Montero is not good enough to take the util spot from my other sluggers. I also like prospecting, so a 2 for 1 gives me some bench room which is necessary since Berkman and Hunter are on the DL. Im also in dire need of pitching - oswalt just got hurt.

Jesus, Slim.

I said I was against the trade and I thought it wasn't fair. It's an OPINION about the trade and I encouraged other people to examine it and see if they came to the same conclusion.

If it were between any other 2 teams in the league and I thought the same I'd do the same. I know you don't like hearing how we play in my other leagues, but that's the way we do it. And no one throws titanic temper tantrums.

I am NOT a bad sportsman. This is the way I am used to playing and I frankly don't give a shit what you think.

If the majority of the league votes for it, it goes through...So if no one shared my viewpoint it'd be 8-1. WTF is you problem? Why is that bad sportsmanship? Even though we kid back and forth I think you have a pretty good chance of beating me.

And saying you're gonna go Clint Eastwood on me is just, well, childish. As I said the other day, you seem to be a great human being.

With an anger management problem. Been skipping group?

8. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

I know you have some kind of slide rule you pull out of your ass for statistics, Slim- but by Yahoo rankings, Hamels is 700 something for the season, and 126 for the last month. Yes, he's #1 for LAST week. He will probably win 12 or 13 games with a 4.00 ERA and a WHIP of 1.20. And he is a K and IP pitcher WHEN he's healthy- I'll give you that. But only 7 wins and the high ERA this season cancels that out.

Zobrist is a 5 stat guy with additional position eligibility. He'll hit .300 w/25-30 HRs, 85-100 RBIs and Rs, and steal 20-25 bases...

Last year, Slim, I'd have voted against it because you were giving up too much.

And I disagree with one of the tenets in your little trade manifesto. The First Amendment gives me the right to voice my opinion when I don't think a trade is fair. And I'll keep doing it as long as I'm playing fantasy bbl.

It really, truly is nothing against you personally.

And one more point- we've bee playing in leagues together for 3, maybe 4 years now. I've NEVER objected tp any other trade of yours. Why do you think this one is different?

9. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

There is a clear cut difference between voicing your opinion and asking people to examine the trade in a fair way, and vetoing my trade, then encouraging others to do so. The former is fair, and the latter, which you did - was bullshit. Grown ups should know better.

I could personally care less what you do in your other leagues. Go play with them if they put up with your antics.

10. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

You have expressed your opinions on the few trades I've made before without attempting to organize or encourage an ill-conceived league veto. So being revisionist now is kind of stupid, isn't it? So you tell me, what's different now? Maybe its the fact that you are barely hanging onto playoff contention and you don't want to see anyone (both my team AND Carpenterrorists) better themselves and potentially make it more difficult for you to skate by with mediocre talent. Thats what makes the most sense to me. Seeing as this trade is far from as lopsided as you make it out to be.

Your actions are speaking pretty loudly... they are drowning out what you are saying.

11. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

There is a clear cut difference between voicing your opinion and asking people to examine the trade in a fair way, and vetoing my trade, then encouraging others to do so. The former is fair, and the latter, which you did - was bullshit. Grown ups should know better.

I could personally care less what you do in your other leagues. Go play with them if they put up with your antics.

Ummm...if you examine a trade in a fair way and you don't like it, you vote to veto it, right? Am I unclear in assuming that majority rules? Then you have 3 posts in favor to my one. 1 more to go before it goes through...I'm supposed to check with you about how to word something before I post it?

So that makes me a cunt, unworthy of having friends, deserving of God's eternal damnation, and whatever other rantings you were spewing at 2AM last night. Do you have a life ouside fantasy sports? I REALLY DON'T CARE IF I DON'T MAKE the playoffs. Or if I lose to you. I play for the fun of it. And if I win, great...

No one else in any other league I play in acts like you. And we post to vote against trades all the time- it's usually political, and often downright funny. But we've been playing together for 5 years. And we play for money- which would tend to make people more uptight, not less...

I wouldn't have objected to the exact same posting if the situation were reversed. Why don't you have some Capn'n Crunch and take your Big Wheel for a spin so you can calm down.

12. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

You have expressed your opinions on the few trades I've made before without attempting to organize or encourage an ill-conceived league veto. So being revisionist now is kind of stupid, isn't it? So you tell me, what's different now? Maybe its the fact that you are barely hanging onto playoff contention and you don't want to see anyone (both my team AND Carpenterrorists) better themselves and potentially make it more difficult for you to skate by with mediocre talent. Thats what makes the most sense to me. Seeing as this trade is far from as lopsided as you make it out to be.

Your actions are speaking pretty loudly... they are drowning out what you are saying.

That's because they were fair trades.

Name me a situation where I objected to one that kept you from bettering your team. IIRC you did at least one last year when you were in 4th or 5th and pulled almost even with me...

C'mon, Slim, stop spluttering for a second and name me one...

I'm l-i-s-t-e-n-i-n-g...

13. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Ummm...if you examine a trade in a fair way and you don't like it, you vote to veto it, right? Am I unclear in assuming that majority rules? Then you have 3 posts in favor to my one. 1 more to go before it goes through...I'm supposed to check with you about how to word something before I post it?

So that makes me a cunt, unworthy of having friends, deserving of God's eternal damnation, and whatever other rantings you were spewing at 2AM last night. Do you have a life ouside fantasy sports?

No one else in any other league I play in acts like you. And we post to vote against trades all the time- it's usually political, and downright funny. But we've been playing together for 5 years. And we play for money- which would tend to make people more uptight, not less...

I wouldn't have objected to the exact same posting if the situation were reversed. Why don't you have some Capn'n Crunch and take your Big Wheel for a spin so you can calm down.

Like I said, if you want to change the code of honor and sportsmanship in our league now, so be it. Vetoing other players trades without a very good reason (and your reason for doing so this time is stupid) is a very good way to keep people from wanting to play with you. If you really want to start playing dirty now, it's your decision. I will do everything in my power to annoy you and make playing fantasy sports in this league an unpleasant experience for you. So far, your attempts to justify your bitch-ass behavior are not helping you. I'd just stop.

14. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Like I said, if you want to change the code of honor and sportsmanship in our league now, so be it. Vetoing other players trades without a very good reason (and your reason for doing so this time is stupid) is a very good way to keep people from wanting to play with you. If you really want to start playing dirty now, it's your decision. I will do everything in my power to annoy you and make playing fantasy sports in this league an unpleasant experience for you. So far, your attempts to justify your bitch-ass behavior are not helping you. I'd just stop.

So there's a WRITTEN code of honor and sportsmanship, or did you just make it up to justify your 5 post tirade?

Like I said, I'm going by the rules I play with in my other leagues. Wouldn't that make sense? Do you really think if I were trying to undermine you and CT I'd do it out in the open? Wouldn't I e-mail the league individually, or PM the other StyleForum members I knew?

Do you REALLY think the world revolves that much around you and whether or not your silly little Jeters Prosper or not? You're a buffoon.

15. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

^^Please guys, don't fight. My parents use to fight then my Uncle touched me.

16. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

^^Please guys, don't fight. My parents use to fight then my Uncle touched me.

[​IMG]

17. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

That's because they were fair trades.

As is this one.

Not only is this entirely not the point, you are still trying to justify being an asshole. I am not going to play that game with you. You have no excuse or justification.

No you are not. You are trying to twist the scenario and cover your ass. If you were listening, you'd probably have said "I'm sorry, that was a douchy thing to do. I won't do it again."

18. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

So there's a WRITTEN code of honor and sportsmanship, or did you just make it up to justify your 5 post tirade?

No, just like there is no written law against a team out of contention trading every good player he has for some bum off the waiver wire. (which clearly is not what I did) But people who play fantasy sports for the most part follow these unwritten rules, because otherwise they are acting like complete dicks.

Who knows what you were thinking. But given the fact that you pulled a dick move that was unprecedented in this league, what made you believe you could get away with it here?

19. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Again, if you want to pull this kind of shit - I will be an asshole and try my best to screw your team at any given opportunity. Don't think that just because I assumed we were all playing fair that I am averse to getting in a dirty play battle. I have been relishing my retaliation all day.

20. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Again, if you want to pull this kind of shit - I will be an asshole and try my best to screw your team at any given opportunity. Don't think that just because I assumed we were all playing fair that I am averse to getting in a dirty play battle. I have been relishing my retaliation all day.

When you apologize for making a tempest out of a teapot and ascribing motives to me that I don't have, I'll be happy to apologize.

And at this point would it even matter? You're bound and determined to act like a child, why should I stop you?

And believe me...there are plenty of childish little moves I can make too...