1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by aportnoy, May 17, 2006.

1. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Only seven weeks left Stevie. You gonna be able to make up 19 games on the leader? [​IMG]

If nothing changes in the next seven weeks, I'll be kicking your ass out of the first round of the playoffs eight weeks from now.

2. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Only seven weeks left Stevie. You gonna be able to make up 19 games on the leader? [​IMG]

If nothing changes in the next seven weeks, I'll be kicking your ass out of the first round of the playoffs eight weeks from now.

I'm lulling you into sleep... Beware the cyber-fantasy knife.

3. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

At week 14 last year, you were 128-91 which is .584 winning percentage. So far this year, of course, you have a .471 winning percentage. \t

Can't really say how many "games"you were up on this year, because we had a lot more scoring categories last year (thus the 128-91 score)

Like I said, a few games behind.

4. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

I'm lulling you into sleep... Beware the cyber-fantasy knife.
    Its so rusty I'll probably need a tetanus shot. Thanks for the warning.

5. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

My pitching is fine.

Slim - Number one in wins and K's, number eight in saves, number six in ERA, number six in WHIP.

On average that works out to the 4th best pitching in our league.

Steve - Number three in wins, number two in K's, number eleven in saves, number ten in ERA, number nine in WHIP.

Which works out to about seventh.

We are basically even in batting.

Which stats are you looking at? I'M winning Ws and Ks, and we're slightly even on pitching.

BTW anyone interested in Heath Bell?

I need all offensive categories.

6. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Which stats are you looking at? I'M winning Ws and Ks, and we're slightly even on pitching.
    Good lord you are bad at reading. [​IMG] Please look at this and tell me how you are winning W's and K's or how we are "slightly even" on pitching. Which isn't even a valid concept, or proper English, let alone true. I'm beating you in every pitching category. Overall, I'm the 4th best pitching staff in the league. You are seventh.

7. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Good lord you are bad at reading.
    [​IMG]

Please look at this and tell me how you are winning W's and K's or how we are "slightly even" on pitching. Which isn't even a valid concept, or proper English, let alone true.

I'm beating you in every pitching category. Overall, I'm the 4th best pitching staff in the league. You are seventh.

I was going by head-to-head matchups, which are of course more important, because they decide who wins and who loses in a given week.

8. Buster

Buster Senior member

Overall, I'm the 4th best pitching staff in the league. You are seventh.
    How do you determine that?

9. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Wistful denial of facts...

10. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Ranking in each category, averaged.

11. Buster

Buster Senior member

Ranking in each category, averaged.

So what's the ranking? (in case you already calculated it)

12. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

I was going by head-to-head matchups, which are of course more important, because they decide who wins and who loses in a given week.

Yeah, because strength of schedule is meaninless right? Those numbers have next to nothing to do with your team's performance. It is who you are matched up against. Considering you keep deluding yourself into thinking you are good at this game, I'm sure you will find some way to deny the pure statistic.

What's your record against the top three teams in this league right now Steve?

13. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Just for myself and Steve. It really isn't that hard to figure out though.

14. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

This is such a stupid statement in context that I am literally worried for your safety.

Congrats on winning more matchups. Your team's pitching is still only the seventh best in the league. You are still trailing me in all pitching categories. And you are still 19 games out of first place. Try not to overinflate yourself too much. You might explode.

15. WhateverYouLike

WhateverYouLike Senior member

I have 5 diesel outfielders. Send me some offers. Looking for top flight pitching and other offensive players.

16. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

I have 5 diesel outfielders. Send me some offers. Looking for top flight pitching and other offensive players.

Which team are you again?

17. WhateverYouLike

WhateverYouLike Senior member

Which team are you again?

Carpenterrorists.

18. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Ok... so here it is: Offensive rankings overall: Carpenterrorists 3.2 Durham Bulls 3.6 Lone Fish Fan 4.6 Mets-rostyles 4.8 Jeters Never Prosper 5.4 Dresses Left 5.8 JoseReyes4President 6.4 IamHeretoLose 6.6 Purified 7.8 Edinatlanta's Team 9.8 Baltimore Brownbags 9.6 Off Constantly 10.4 Pitching rankings overall IamHeretoLose 3.0 Jeters Never Prosper 4.4 Purified 5.0 Durham Bulls 5.6 JoseReyes4President 5.8 Off Constantly 5.8 Edinatlanta's Team 6.4 Carpenterrorists 6.8 Dresses Left 7.0 Mets-rostyles 9.0 Baltimore Brownbags 9.4 Lone Fish Fan 9.8 I forgot that I needed to do everyone's numbers to get a true ranking, since it's not just average position. So I moved up and Steve moved down. Not my fault. The averages are the averages. [​IMG]

19. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Yeah, because strength of schedule is meaninless right? Those numbers have next to nothing to do with your team's performance. It is who you are matched up against. Considering you keep deluding yourself into thinking you are good at this game, I'm sure you will find some way to deny the pure statistic.

What's your record against the top three teams in this league right now Steve?

Strength of schedule is the whole point. It counts the same if you lose 9-1 to the last place team or the first place team. If you meet someone in the playoffs, and your team performs really poorly, and the other really well, you're screwed.

Like last year when my hitters hit below the Mendoza line the first week, and your pitchers did something like 4-0 with 35 Ks on the last day.

20. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Strength of schedule is the whole point. It counts the same if you lose 9-1 to the last place team or the first place team. If you meet someone in the playoffs, and your team performs really poorly, and the other really well, you're screwed.
    Ok... so you agree with me then that H2H wins are relatively meaningless as an indicator about the statistical performance of your team. Why are you arguing with me and propping yourself up with meaningless stats? For example, you are in first place with H2H wins with a record of 9-3-2, which would indicate that you have the winningest pitchers. That is not true though, as has been pointed out. It would technically be possible for the team with the least wins have the best H2H wins record in pitching. It all comes down to how the other team does that week. There is no argument. It's just another weak attempt for you to feel better about losing every year, I guess. [​IMG]