• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
We need to decide if we want to play for stakes or jsut make it a "free" league with members just apying the fees for an stat service and trading interface etc.

Thoughts?

Why don't we do a ESPN or Yahoo league or something. That way there aren't any fees for stats or trades (unless you feel like dropping the $ for the "plus" league or whatever) We can customize points, due H2H or rotisserie, etc. Its just so much easier.

Buster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Why don't we do a ESPN or Yahoo league or something. That way there aren't any fees for stats or trades (unless you feel like dropping the $ for the "plus" league or whatever) We can customize points, due H2H or rotisserie, etc. Its just so much easier.
I am in favor of this option.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Set up a Yahoo League...

Go Here

League ID is: 190931

League Password is: style

right now its set up for 12 teams, with generally default settings. let me know what we want to change, I can almost any any stats, scoring, or format options as we see fit.

surf animal

Reaction score
Just registered! PLEASE tell me you're changing the draft from auto to manual at a set date.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by surf animal
Just registered! PLEASE tell me you're changing the draft from auto to manual at a set date.

yeah, if we can all agree on a date/time

the main problem with that is that there may be quite a time difference between members, and I don't want to screw anyone with a 4am draft in their time zone

surf animal

Reaction score
Oh yeah, that fact totally slipped my mind, the league I play in annually has always been between close friends. Naturally, the draft was always manual on a Sunday afternoon. Well I'm open to any day, any time; I've got internet access at home/work, and a laptop with wi/fi.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey - since j is in Seattle I say Styleforum time is Pacific time. All other suckas gotta deal wit dat.
wink.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Well, I'm about eighteen minutes from J's house by car... so Pacific Time is fine by me too...

Is there anyone participating from outside the US?

TheIdler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

If you play for 100$ stakes I will respectfully bow out and let another SFer step into the breach. If we go the free route, count me in. I suppose there's not enough interest for two leagues? If others want to play for money, I don't want to spoil the party.

On the other hand, I definitely favor a live draft. I'm in Europe, but if we did the draft on a weekend I could do it at any time.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yahoo is fine with me, but I still vote for sme stakes to make this interesting.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Also, I agree that a live draft is a must.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Yahoo is fine with me, but I still vote for sme stakes to make this interesting.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Also, I agree that a live draft is a must.

I'll sign up this afternoon and yes a live draft is an absolute must.

Hawkeye

Reaction score
I will sign up as well, live draft sounds fine to me, Sunday maybe?

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've registered (Tea Name--Looks Like Rain). As for the draft, we need to wait until a day or two before the season starts as team depth charts (especially for Closers) are still being defined.

I'm assuming we are playing with AL and NL teams, yes?

We also will need a rule for minimum innings pitched to qualify for points in ERA and WHIP.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Andrew, we should just have a conference call to hash it all out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics