1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by aportnoy, May 17, 2006.

1. Brian278

Brian278 Distinguished Member

Slim, I'm mildly curious why you made an attempt to get more people to play when it seems you'd be the most happy going head to head with Steve every single week. But anyway, this is my first time ever playing a fantasy sport and I'm hopelessly addicted. I am in another league as well, and I'm checking my box scores and waiver wires at work constantly...it's going to be a problem. [​IMG]

2. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Slim, I'm mildly curious why you made an attempt to get more people to play when it seems you'd be the most happy going head to head with Steve every single week.

I need witnesses.

3. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Slim my good fellow:

1. My pitchers getting flamed their first start does not a season make.
    2. If the season ended today, you would be in 3rd place, 1 game behind me, and 2 games behind Bull Durham. But 5 days does not a season make.
    3. If you beat me this week, next week, all three weeks we play I don't care. Our personal head to head competition does not a season make.
    4. Only a season does a season make. Remember that when you see my name above yours at the end of that season.

Sorry to have interrupted your quiet time. Have a valium and go back to sensitivity training...

4. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

4. Only a season does a season make. Remember that when you see my name above yours at the end of that season.
    Blah blah blah blah. You got some catching up (and some waiver panicking) to do... First week scoreboard (according to stat tracker): 1.The Tokyo Slam 2.1234567 3.Durham Bulls 4.Detroit Bombers 5.Steve Needs A Hug 6.Bug Jargal 7.cpmac7 8.Styleforvm Banner 9.Think Blue 10.I Am Better Than You Congrats go out to everyone but Steve B. Since, as usual, all his trash talking has landed him in fifth place after week one. Never let it be said that he isn't consistent. Better bring an apple to class next week Steve, I'm gonna teach you a lesson.

5. whacked

whacked Distinguished Member

So... I lost my opening matchup with team Detroit Bombers, which owner was formerly known as mrpologuy [​IMG]

Shall I go burn in hell or what?

6. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

So... I lost my opening matchup with team Detroit Bombers, which owner was formerly known as mrpologuy [​IMG]

It can happen to the best of us. Say a few "Hail Mary's" and I'm sure you'll be ok.

7. Brian278

Brian278 Distinguished Member

Well, Style Forum hell anyway. It involves an eternity wearing KC shoes and debating with Artisan Fan. [​IMG]

8. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Will you be posting after every week, numbnuts?

9. breakz

breakz Distinguished Member

Damn. Got to this thread a bit too late.

I'd call myself a "fantasy baseball fiend", but that doesn't do my addiction justice.

10. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Will you be posting after every week, numbnuts?

Probably... I think the people who didn't get to play deserve to know how poorly you are doing.

[​IMG]

11. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

After the first day Slim is winning 6 to 5.

You go, girl!

12. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

2nd day- Slim 7-6

Major drubbing, that.

13. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

2nd day- Slim 7-5 Major drubbing, that.
    Fixed... What are you giving yourself an extra point for Steve? Old age? Its ok, you are probably going to be ahead at the end of the day. Too bad your pitching still sucks. I anticipate a sweep in pitching categories by the end of the week. You will not win or tie all the hitting categories. Which means, I will be beating you.

14. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

According to StatTracker all games final. 8-6 me.

Your hitting sucks- Texeira and Ortiz below the Mendoza line, Tulo just above it.

I'll be happy if I win this week, but just as happy to see you knocked out of first place.

BTW what's up with my trade??? Afraid it'll make things worse for
    you this week?

15. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

According to StatTracker all games final. 8-6 me.
    As I already noted. I had a slow day. No pitching... and not much in the way of batting either. Congrats, you win Wednesday.
    See... the issue though is that, yes, my BA and OBP suck... but I am still getting the other numbers. Those three players specifically are historically slow to warm up every year. Look at the splits. I did when I drafted them. The prime BA and OBP numbers for all three jump in May. (Ortiz falls apart in the post season, but I'll worry about that if the Sox even get there) This is what a well rounded team looks like Steve. I will have production from my roster all year long.
    I'll settle for anywhere in the rankings above you.
    Ha... I thought that trade was a joke. [​IMG] You want it, you got it!