• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Denied Again

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
http://www.esquire.com/blogs/mens-fa...an-2010-winner

Was a great ride, and I wouldn't have felt bad about losing to any of the finalists...and really enjoyed being put in the same company as those stylish guys, particularly w.o.e.

Thanks to SF for helping me learn SO much about what the hell I'm trying to do (with still more, lots more to learn). This really is a great place.

I will start my, "I should have never entered Esquire BDRM competition" thread shortly.
smile.gif

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
congrats for making it that far. seriously, you did well. you were spared the 10k worth of kenneth cole.

The other gent who won does have panache. He must come to SF - check out the PG beads... he mentions VCH on the blog...

His glasses are perfect for his face =)

And he looks professionally done up in some of his entry photos - the one of him holding a glass of wine at the Polo store...?

But still, he did have some nice entries.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Functional Pocket Square "I'm very into the function of the suit; I use every aspect of it. I have a suit on most of the time, and especially being in Miami, I normally don't perspire much in my body, but I perspire a lot in my head. I use my pocket square to wipe the sweat." Read more: http://www.esquire.com/blogs/mens-fa...#ixzz0yqC3l300

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
... After making it from some 2,000 contestants to the final five in our September issue and now to a $10,000 Kenneth Cole wardrobe, a $5,000 ITC watch, and a trip to Fashion Week (which, by the ...
I hope that's a IWC watch rather than an ITC watch For some reason, the winner looks like the perfect client for Sciamat

Watchaholic

Reaction score
Well done on getting so far, shame you didn't win as have truly admired your style in the WAYWRN thread

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Always the bride's maid, never the bride.
I don't know how i'll ever walk the halls of SF with my head held high again.
confused.gif

That said, I've spoken with Angel, and he really is a great guy and well-deserving.
Thanks again for the support. It's certainly been an interesting few months.

~W.

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great thing about SF is that, WOE and Ranger can show good sportsmanship about not winning.

The rest of the forum will take care of the hate for the winner.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey congratulations to all the finalists!

This may be a controversial (or not) thing to say, but winner's style seems fairly mainstream SF-approved, to be honest... I mean, the beads, the general nature of the outfits, the cigar smoking pics, even the contrived "sprezz" of the tie and using his square. Probably lurks here or has visited, at least. Too SF-typical to be a really interesting dresser (he's what a lot of posters end up looking like after about 6 or so months here, before they branch out a bit), but I bet he's SF enough to be worried what he's going to get at KC.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Thats a great idea for a thread. "What would you buy with 10000 USD from KC ?"

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
^^ Thats a great idea for a thread. "What would you buy with 10000 USD from KC ?"

Use it as bail money to get me out of there.

(couldn't resist the obvious one-liner...!)

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del

Whatever I thought I could re-sell the easiest and make the most pennies on the dollar.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am with you Trini buy what can be resold for the most.

ohm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats on making it that far. Why not go the other way and start a "How entering Esquire's BDRM competition improved my life" thread?

BrooklynWeGoHard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Hey congratulations to all the finalists!

This may be a controversial (or not) thing to say, but winner's style seems fairly mainstream SF-approved, to be honest... I mean, the beads, the general nature of the outfits, the cigar smoking pics, even the contrived "sprezz" of the tie and using his square. Probably lurks here or has visited, at least. Too SF-typical to be a really interesting dresser (he's what a lot of posters end up looking like after about 6 or so months here, before they branch out a bit), but I bet he's SF enough to be worried what he's going to get at KC.

I agree - heavily SF influenced. Probably just doesnt post - no one in Miami is that dressed up on a regular basis.

and with the 10k, but underwear / undershirts / socks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads