• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Cribs: The places behind the clothes

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Originally Posted by gomestar
i haven't seen an orchid with that many flowers in quite a while, very nice.

Thanks, nicest gift I ever got from my inlaws.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ljrcustom
I thought you were getting rid of the quattroporte. Whats the car on the left in the garage? By the way, nice pictures of your place.

-LR

Yeah, every time I make plans to sell it we flip flop on it. My mom likes to use it when she's in town a week or so a month. We've actually been keeping the car mostly at her house and my wife will go swap it out when she's in the mood.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
TC's place isn't my style, but it's a hell of a home. Good for you, TC.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by merkur
Wow, nice place TC.
worship.gif
What do you do for a living?

Since it is texas, I am going to guess oil.

And judging from from these photos, I am going to assume he pees it out by the barrel.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
Since it is texas, I am going to guess oil.

And judging from from these photos, I am going to assume he pees it out by the barrel.

Enron attorney.

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's with the sticker on the rear glass? On a Ferrari?

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5

Thanks, it's actually quite a change for us. I grew up in modern/contemporary settings, and my previous 2 homes were in that same style. Very clean and minimalist spaces. Most of the houses on our prospect list were modern/contemporary, but when we saw this one, my wife fell in love. She's half Italian, and has always dreamed of having a home that was Italian-inspired.

We've only been there for 4 weeks, but so far, I love it. It feels much warmer, much more like a home than a museum. All the spaces are so comfortable and inviting, like they want to be used rather than just admired. Also, the hearty and rustic finishes are a lot more kid and pet friendly, which has taken the anxiety level to near zero.

Originally Posted by merkur
Wow, nice place TC.
worship.gif
What do you do for a living?

I'm a business lawyer and investor/entrepreneur.

Originally Posted by phreak
What's with the sticker on the rear glass? On a Ferrari?

It's a sticker recognizing a lifetime membership to an organization that provides support to the families of policemen and firefighters who die in the line of duty. With Houston being the speed trap capitol of the US, I like the officers on the streets to know that I have supported them in their service to us.

henrikc

Reaction score
Beautiful home TC, I wouldn't say no to living there.

Can't see the last picture though, but it sounds like it was pretty impressive.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5

+1.

Where is Little TC's miniature Ferrari though?
smile.gif

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
+1.

Where is Little TC's miniature Ferrari though?
smile.gif

Thanks G. Fortunately, he's not yet aware that such a thing exists. LOL

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny you mention that TC.

I have some friends that were ahead of me in school by 3 years, and they've advanced much more in their lives that I have. They're married, have kids etc... they lived in cool loft spaces, very contemporary has tastefully appointed homes... then they got kids and opted for options like yours. It's funny how people eventually want something comfortable.

It is not my style or taste but I can appreciate it for what it is. Space is always nice and you've got it in spades.

Just relating my own experience with people moving from very "cool" places to what some design snobs might think is McMansiony or whatever.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Funny you mention that TC.

I have some friends that were ahead of me in school by 3 years, and they've advanced much more in their lives that I have. They're married, have kids etc... they lived in cool loft spaces, very contemporary has tastefully appointed homes... then they got kids and opted for options like yours. It's funny how people eventually want something comfortable.

It is not my style or taste but I can appreciate it for what it is. Space is always nice and you've got it in spades.

Just relating my own experience with people moving from very "cool" places to what some design snobs might think is McMansiony or whatever.

That describes our situation pretty well. Style is pretty subjective, but I will say that the house has by far the highest quality finishing and materials of any custom designed and built home we considered, so McMansiony is not a criticism I would have anticipated. It's certiainly not atypical of the style of home in the neighborhood. A tad cheesy or MTV Cribs-esque, maybe, but I hope to god not McMansiony. LOL But what do I know . . .

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
It's a sticker recognizing a lifetime membership to an organization that provides support to the families of policemen and firefighters who die in the line of duty. With Houston being the speed trap capitol of the US, I like the officers on the streets to know that I have supported them in their service to us.

Ahh yea I thought that looked familiar
cheers.gif

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
It is at least as McMansion inspired as it is Italian inspired.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads