• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Cribs: The places behind the clothes

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
Princeton is one of the few places in Jersey where I wouldn't mind living.

+1 hoagie haven is great too

BossTweed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
Princeton is one of the few places in Jersey where I wouldn't mind living.

Hah, I work and live there currently. Though for a 22 year old just out of college, it leaves a bit to be desired -- will probably move back to philly and commute.

tweedydon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
Princeton is another area in NJ that is pretty well put together, mostly McMansion free (at least in the town). All of the surrounding areas are filled with them however.

Not entirely true--Pennington's pretty much McMansion free, too! And it's a pre-Revolutionary War town, which is rather nice.

millionaire75

Reaction score
I'm a proud owner of a mediocre cookie cutter house in Hamilton!!! But Delorenzo's is close by so it all balances out.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Delorenzos definitely helps!

Originally Posted by zjpj83
Yes, Princeton is very nice. I would live there. Not sure where you would work if you lived there though. It's quite a hike both to Philadelphia and NYC. I would probably only live there if I actually worked in NJ.

Same with most nice places in NJ (like Somerset County).

Northern NJ is close to NYC (plus) but full of McMansions and assholes (minus).

And the parts of northern NJ that arent full of McMansions are all pretty far away from NYC. One of my friends lives in West Milford NJ and it's a pretty nice area, his neighborhood is pretty McMansion free.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
West Milford is full of hicks though just saying... I live in one of the nearby towns...

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
South Orange/Maplewood. All the mansions were built at the turn of the century and the towns are mostly 3-5 bedrooms homes. 27 minutes to Penn.

For example, this lovely place was recently on the market.

GreatRoom.jpg

Now sold.

lefty

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
South Orange/Maplewood. All the mansions were built at the turn of the century and the towns are mostly 3-5 bedrooms homes. 27 minutes to Penn.

For example, this lovely place was recently on the market.

GreatRoom.jpg

Now sold.

lefty

Lefty, LOL at the bolded. Is this on a clear sunny day or cloudy?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Wasn't that YOUR house? Did it finally sell because you put "ballin' ass baller" on your business card. I bet that's what did it.

No, but I did work it into the price.

Originally Posted by gdl203
1246883554_champagne.gif

Thanks. Very sexy gif. Please tell me that's not your hand.

Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
Lefty, LOL at the bolded. Is this on a clear sunny day or cloudy?

27 to Penn. 25 to Hoboken. On a good day I can drive from the NY side of the Holland to my driveway in 21 minutes.

Sold for asking to a nice young couple with two kids who just got the place. Had them and their parents over a few days ago to teach them how to run the house.

Yesterday, someone from the historical society knocked on the door to ask if we would consider being on the house tour. Nice thing to pass onto these kids.

lefty

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
as a child i lived for several years in maplewood and have nothing but fond memories of the place. those kids are lucky.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
No, but I did work it into the price.

Thanks. Very sexy gif. Please tell me that's not your hand.

27 to Penn. 25 to Hoboken. On a good day I can drive from the NY side of the Holland to my driveway in 21 minutes.

Sold for asking to a nice young couple with two kids who just got the place. Had them and their parents over a few days ago to teach them how to run the house.

Yesterday, someone from the historical society knocked on the door to ask if we would consider being on the house tour. Nice thing to pass onto these kids.

lefty

Congrats!!

tweedydon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
West Milford is full of hicks though just saying... I live in one of the nearby towns...

Doesn't West Milford have the Ship Inn--or is that just Milford? VERY good fish and chips there, and excellent beer brewed on site!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads