1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SF Cribs: The places behind the clothes

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by designprofessor, Nov 15, 2006.

1. NickM3

NickM3 Member

I'm a view person. I've been moving around too much to collect any substantial interior furnishings or purchase/refurbish a home or condo. So here are some pics of some views. Seattle [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Monaco [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] New York [​IMG] If I stay in NY, I'll probably end up relocating for some better views.

1 person likes this.
  2. lefty

lefty Senior member

Monaco view at night FTW.

lefty

3. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Monaco view at night FTW.

lefty

+1. Wow.

4. henrikc

henrikc Senior member

Amazing views from Monaco.

Are all these pictures recent? I mean, do you own a condo in Monaco, Seattle and NY, or is it a timeline of where you've lived?

5. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Monaco is gorgeous but the real estate situation is ridiculous. You could pay $20 million for a place and it'll still look like a dump (according to Christiesrealestate.com)

6. spertia

spertia Senior member

I've lived in some great houses and apartments over the years but have never had a real view to speak of. I've always wondered what it would be like to have an awesome water, mountain, and/or city view.

7. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Are all these pictures recent? I mean, do you own a condo in Monaco, Seattle and NY, or is it a timeline of where you've lived?

I'm guessing it's a timeline, as you can see his first macbook pro is the older aluminum body version, whereas the one in his monaco picture is the updated unibody version.

8. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

Beautiful house, TC. Thanks for sharing the pics.

+1

9. NickM3

NickM3 Member

I'm guessing it's a timeline, as you can see his first macbook pro is the older aluminum body version, whereas the one in his monaco picture is the updated unibody version.

[​IMG]

Correct, sequence of apartments over the past 4 years. All rental apartments. I'm too restless to purchase a permanent residence, but I'd be pretty happy if I could afford a condo in all three.

Monaco is gorgeous but the real estate situation is ridiculous. You could pay $20 million for a place and it'll still look like a dump (according to Christiesrealestate.com)

Yeah, Monaco real estate is outrageous. A penthouse sold for over $300m last year.
    http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/6a684...44feab49a.html

Most of the super wealthy residents are there for the zero percent income taxes. Once you step across the border to France the prices drop significantly. Rentals for tiny places in Monaco actually aren't terrible, less expensive than my New York apartment if you'll believe that.

10. henrikc

henrikc Senior member

That's what ticked me off as well, seeing as the first one looks like a 12" PowerBook.

Other than that, how was living in Monaco?

11. NickM3

NickM3 Member

That's what ticked me off as well, seeing as the first one looks like a 12" PowerBook.

Other than that, how was living in Monaco?

Epic. It's a small town so despite the wealth, I found it has a relaxed unpretentious vibe. It's in a spectacular location and you've even got skiing less than an hour drive away during the winter. Like any small town it can get a bit dull, especially during the off season. You do get desensitized to all the yachts and Bugattis, you'll still want them, but you're not going to be turing your head every time one passes by.

12. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Epic. It's a small town so despite the wealth, I found it has a relaxed unpretentious vibe. It's in a spectacular location and you've even got skiing less than an hour drive away during the winter. Like any small town it can get a bit dull, especially during the off season. You do get desensitized to all the yachts and Bugattis, you'll still want them, but you're not going to be turing your head every time one passes by.

Do you drive an M3?

13. NickM3

NickM3 Member

Do you drive an M3?

I did. Going without a car now until I settle somewhere where it makes sense to own one.

14. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I did. Going without a car now until I settle somewhere where it makes sense to own one.

was it an e46 or e9x?

15. NickM3

NickM3 Member

was it an e46 or e9x?

Older, E36. Had it for a long time, I hate the depreciation on the newer cars. Will probably buy something really classic next time around.

16. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Older, E36. Had it for a long time, I hate the depreciation on the newer cars. Will probably buy something really classic next time around.

Nice. If I get this job I'm interviewing for, I plan on purchasing a used E46 ZHP.

17. otc

otc Senior member

18. binge

binge Senior member

I've always wondered what it would be like to have an awesome water, mountain, and/or city view.

It's pretty awesome.

19. lefty

lefty Senior member

I've always wondered what it would be like to have an awesome water, mountain, and/or city view.

I can let you know tomorrow.

lefty

20. binge

binge Senior member