SF Cribs: The places behind the clothes

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by designprofessor, Nov 15, 2006.

1. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Any specifics on the Asian painting in the office?
    Are you keen on Chinese paintings?

I have several by the major painters of the 20th century. I may even have some images.

2. spertia

spertia Senior member

BTW Spertia-

Nice Newson vase. However, it feels a little like showing up at a party in the same suit. Newson's stuff is so organic that if fits very will with mid century stuff. It is a little bit like how Saarinen, Eames and Jacobsen fit well with more contemporary furniture. I am always surprised how pad Paul Kjaerholms furniture looks in a more contemporary settin. He makes some of myfavorite furniture and it looks just awful in my house.

Thanks, that vase is my only Cappellini piece; my wife bought it for me from Limn as a Christmas gift years ago, back when we were living in SF. It is still probably my absolute favorite accessory in our collection. If you look carefully to the left of that vase in the original photos (not the second photo I posted), you can just make out another Newson vase (for Cor Unum). It was a wedding gift from my brother, who works for Retromodern in Atlanta and is a Newson maniac.

P.S. I also love Kjaerholm furniture, but I would truly have to redo my interior scheme for any of it to work.

3. designprofessor

designprofessor Senior member

Are you keen on Chinese paintings?

I have several by the major painters of the 20th century. I may even have some images.

LK, it is a weak area for me in terms of knowledge.
    The Nelson Atkins Museum in KC, by my old school, has an excellent Asian art collection.
    I'm fond of the older paintings on silk -the landscapes.
    I'd love to see some contemoprary if you have some-perhaps a thread of its own?

4. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Here's the painting close up. If anyone can tell me anything about it, that would be cool

[​IMG]

5. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

More inside shots of house

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. visionology

visionology Senior member

Great homes zjp! Is the first one in Manhattan?

Surprised no garage shots, being the gearhead you are. Being a gearhead myself, my garage would be decked out with goodies.

7. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Great homes zjp! Is the first one in Manhattan?

Surprised no garage shots, being the gearhead you are. Being a gearhead myself, my garage would be decked out with goodies.

Yes, Manhattan.

To be honest, my garage is horrible. Never even painted the walls, they just have primer on them.

The new one will be nice. I bought several dozen original tiles that were used in Enzo Ferrari's office at the factory. I am planning on setting them in to the floor at the garage door entrance.

8. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Zach: is the apartment a one-bedroom? Nice looking shower.

I don't even need to mention how much I love the Victorian. Just splendid.

9. Bergdorf Goodwill

Bergdorf Goodwill Senior member

iammatt:

Your place is great. Has it ever been featured in any magazines? Seems like the sort of place that would be...

I'll refrain from posting images of my own den of sadness.

10. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Here are some shots of my own "den of sadness". [​IMG] I only included the rooms clean enough for presentation. Enjoy!

Excuse the bare living room, we're still looking for drapes and the shelves of the entertainment center will be packed with Christmas paraphernalia in a week or so.

Brand new kitchen. Fully custom cabinets, drawers, island, sink and countertops:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The living room. Fireplace is stone, installed this past summer:

[​IMG]

The entertainment center was fully custom-built and (finally) finished in August. To put things in perspective, the display is a 50" NEC plasma.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crescent (correct term?) window:

[​IMG]

11. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Crescent (correct term?) window: [​IMG]
    On the west coast (the market I'm familiar with) that would be a half-round or round-top window over what appears to be a half vent slider. (XO would be standard) I'm assuming, since it looks like white vinyl or fiberglass that it is simulated divided light radius grille either inside the two panes of insulated glass, or a snap in interior, shadow bar, and fixed exterior grille to match the exterior frame color. Your flankers are a little harder to distinguish behind the cellular shades, but from the sizing I'm going to guess that they are non movable picture windows. A casement in that size is awkward, and I'm not sure I see any mull bar that would indicate a split sash window. It could very well be there though, I'm 26 and my eyesight aint what it used to be... [​IMG]

12. designprofessor

designprofessor Senior member

13. MOCAZEN

MOCAZEN Well-Known Member

HERE IS A PIC OF THE DEN IN THE MAIN HOUSE, NOT THE CONDO WE JUST PURCHASED, UNFORTUNATELY, WE NEVER SEEM TO BE AROUND TO ENJOY THE TV[​IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

14. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Very cool abode, sperta.

Actually all of them are...

15. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I'm so jealous of some of the kitchens in this thread. I LOVE the Thermador Connemara!

These are the best I could do with my razr. I just moved in on Thursday so it's quite empty. I got most things put away or hidden in the second bedroom (not pictured). The first of my furniture should arrive next weekend. I'll hopefully have my new mattress by then too.

My humble abode:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]