1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

SF Cribs: The places behind the clothes

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by designprofessor, Nov 15, 2006.

1. spertia

spertia Senior member

Yardsale, your place is very nicely done for only two years out of college! You're way ahead of the point where I was at that age.

2. yfyf

yfyf Senior member

Some very nice dwellings. I'm only two years out of college and living on my own far from family, but I enjoy the freedom. I'll get there. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wow! How do you make it all not messy like that? When I was fresh out of college, I could only step on a predetermined path to get from bed to door because of all the stuff everywhere.

3. dkzzzz

dkzzzz Senior member

Great light in that apartment. I love the windows and floors. Buildings look a little like Queens, NY.

4. Yardsale

Yardsale Senior member

Very nice, where is this at?

los angeles. i keep it as immaculate as possible because when used to have roommates, they were slovenly and so was I.

5. Baron

Baron Senior member

los angeles. i keep it as immaculate as possible because when used to have roommates, they were slovenly and so was I.

Is that near 3rd and Western? Hancock Park-adjacent? I feel like I recognize the neighborhood.

6. emptym

emptym Senior member

Some very nice dwellings. I'm only two years out of college and living on my own far from family, but I enjoy the freedom. I'll get there. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice. I really like the dark hardwood floor and the windows. Bricks are neat too.

7. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Nice. I really like the dark hardwood floor and the windows. Bricks are neat too.

Ya, those windows are awesome. It's well-decorated in general. Does your white carpet not get dirty near the windows though? In every single apartment I've been in in montreal, it's been impossible to keep the windowsill clean. Dirt seems to blow up from the traffic below or something. In my current place, if I walk around near the window in my bedroom with white socks they get dirty really fast. It's really annoying cause i'm always having to wash the floors.

8. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

yardsdale,

where did you get that rug?

9. Yardsale

Yardsale Senior member

I got it off eBay and I get the guy locally, it was some warehouse that sold them in l.a.

around 170 bucks IIRC, fairly cheap for such a big size.

10. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Is that a Swedish rug?

11. denning

denning Senior member

Aragon,
    Where in Winnipeg is it? I can't place it at all. Is it downtown? Off Corydon?

correct, EL72...

12. Joseph K. Bank

Joseph K. Bank Senior member

I wouldn't call it a crib as it's just a room that I am currently renting while I figure out my employment situation.

[​IMG]

13. Brad

Brad Senior member

^You've consumed some stellar beers.

14. EL72

EL72 Senior member

And that's just last night.

15. Joseph K. Bank

Thank you but I only drank one or two of those. They are bottles I have collected in the last few months for display.

16. Willsw

Willsw Senior member

Thank you but I only drank one or two of those. They are bottles I have collected in the last few months for display.

I don't know man...your display looks kinda like you're just too lazy to get a trash can.

17. Joseph K. Bank

I don't know man...your display looks kinda like you're just too lazy to get a trash can.
    After I re-cap them and add the foil paper to the ones that had it originally I hope to arrange them differently on a more appropriate display.

18. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

No offense, but I always thought collecting beer bottles was something college kids and not adults did. ;p

19. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Yeah OK Kasper. The 12 empty handles of bourbon under my desk are also for display! [​IMG]

20. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

From the non-clothing items thread, here's a picture of my new house in Jersey. I might post pictures of the inside too when it's done:

[​IMG]