1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SF Club Tie Poll

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

Can't discuss the trousers here Will soon Rumor is they will look like this [​IMG]

2. Matt

Matt Senior member

they look just like my seven dollar vietnam tailor pants chuck (except for the four button closure, the pleated waist band, the hand finishing, oh and the quality of cloth) otherwise...the same...you stealing my suppliers? [​IMG]

3. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Chuck, from the highlighted image of your trousers: "handfinished" detail, which part is the handwork? The basting stitches?

4. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

T4 - hey it was a 10 minute shoot a few pics and slap'm together project... not the 'real' ad pics yet :)

There is handwork in several areas... loops, fly, pockets etcetera. Not like a better bespoke trouser certainly but compared to what's on the shelves in the RTW market I think folks will be pleased.

Whoops, I'm threadjacking.

Good to see you, hope it isn't as hot in your neck of the woods as it is here in Dallas... a week straight over 100 and July is just starting :)

5. marc237

marc237 Senior member

If the trousers come close to the shirts, great item. Any chance there will be flat front?

6. fkl118

fkl118 Senior member

Wasn't this a thread about a tie?

Anyways, when does the poll close? It looks like we're going to need a run-off election.

7. j

j Senior member Admin

The poll closes when Chuck says it's too late. So far #1 has been ahead most of the time, so if it's a tie (uh.. yeah) #1 will be the winner.

8. PHV

PHV Senior member

All depends on what kind of material... if it's the very modest kind of fabric of trad ties, then I don't like any of them. However, in the luxurious silk that Chuck uses with that beautiful shine, I like #1.

9. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

[​IMG] Nah, I'm wafting on a cool cloud right now. No offense intended, but when I was looking at pic which you titled "handfinished', I couldn't for the life of me see any. I was comparing them to some of my trousers that are either fully or partially handmade.

10. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I vote #1. Other than that, the pants look nice carlo, I just hope to see some flat fronts. I know you won't talk about it though [​IMG]

11. Matt

Matt Senior member

12. Mr Checks

Mr Checks Senior member

Dang.

I voted for 3, and then saw that it was a Nader-esque wasted vote when the poll results came up.

Had I been a fully-informed voter, I would have voted for #2, the Democrat to #1's Bush-like lead.

13. arkirshner

arkirshner Well-Known Member

Only a "dang". I've  been in post election stress syndrone since jimmy baker,mrs. harris and the 5 supremes stole it in 2000.  This tie election shows that the countries that have a run off between the 2 top finishers are on to something.  

And if the wrong tie wins I'm sure  each of us.will find somewhere to wear it and the tie won't cause global warming, botch an Osama capture, send Americans to die in the sand on fraudulant intelligence, double the national debt or appoint someone even worse to replace sandra day and renquist.  I shouldn't have typed this, I can feel the stress syndrone comming back.

14. j

j Senior member Admin

Take it to Current Events, I'm not locking this thread for political fighting.

15. arkirshner

arkirshner Well-Known Member

Sorry about that (but we weren't fighting we were agreeing)
    Won't do it again. (said the second grader to his teacher)

16. Matt

Matt Senior member

soooo.....

17. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

M@t - working it out with J - it'll be a reduced cost, Figure around $75.

I do want it to be made abundantly clear that we will lose money on this and donate the time and admin. I am re-iterating that because in every discussion of this someone declares that we should do the entire thing for free.

We will donate the setup and shipping costs and our time and our shipping guy's time and front the costs and will only recover actual materials/construction cost. So... lest anyone decry the evil multinational conglomerate that is ...me, 100% of the profit will go to support the forum which was my intent all along :)

18. dorian

dorian Senior member

Chuck, You're da man. And... you're da multinational conglomerate... Â [​IMG] Thanks for all your effort, for which everyone on SF (and AA) should be greatful.

19. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Wow, Carlo, I had no idea production cost was so high. I always figured your margins on a $120 tie would be above 50%. Now I know otherwise.

You're a good man for donating your time and effort on this. I'll definitely buy one as soon as it's available. I'm sure it'll be the first of many Carlo Franco ties that I'll add to my wardrobe.

20. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

$75 isn't my cost, that's a price that would give members a big discount and make some money for the forum after we donate some of the 'other costs' like design, shipping etcetera.

Don't wanna imply that $75 is the production cost... not QUITE that bad.