• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Club Tie Poll

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
(oscarthewild @ June 28 2005,13:17) Are we sure we want the diagonal down towards the right. Â I would much prefer the diagonal in the opposite direction with it pointing downwards towards the right. Â The left chest has the pocket and I think repps look better going down towards the right. -
I feel the same way, but didn't want to raise the issue.
I thought of the same thing. I can't imagine it would be a whole lot more work to do it the other way. Perhaps we will have a vote on that if Chuck says it's do-able either way, once the pattern is chosen.

trogdor

Reaction score
Can we vote on width? I must insist on 3", but if necessary I will compromise to 3.25"
Agreed -- my belly is already warm enough as it is.

StewF18

Reaction score
Dont mean to be a jerk, but why is everything only stripes and stripes and more stripes? is there another option like a pattern? Carlos, you have so many medalion things on your site why cant we go there? Also I vote textured, anyone agree? Are these going to be dense mogadors or plain regular silks?

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, I already have a tie that looks like number one so either 2 or 3 for me. I guess I'll have to go through the tie collection to make sure I don't have those already as well
smile.gif

Lindsay

Reaction score
Hmm, well I voted for 1 initially.  But the more I think about it, I think #2 would be easier to wear.  White (or what will more-than-likely be off-white) won't really look good with a white shirt.  Something that is primarily red, on the other hand...

Oh well, guess I can't change my vote now.

I must insist on 3"
I never saw the final word on construction, but if they're doing this in a folded tie, it's not likely that it will be 3".  Other than Hermes and some other printed ties, who is making a 3" tie anyway?  I think that 3.5 - 3.75 is pretty much considered "standard".

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well... Stripes are not my personal favorite but traditionally club ties are striped. That was the consensus anyhow when this was discussed before.

I understand the desire to do them in widths ranging from 2.75 to 4" but we'll have to go middle of the road. I understand that 10% like a very narrow tie and 10% like a very wide tie but work with me fellas... surely you can see why we can't make everyone's IDEAL tie. I will see if we can make a few narrow ones but will go standard width on most.

Stripes can go right to left, left to right - no biggy but we'll need to decide.

For those who love Medallions I agree with your anti-stripe position, you should immediately proceed to my website and purchase every medallion as a protest.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
To be honest I'm not extremely fond of stripes myself but it does seem to hold the broadest appeal. Most of my favorite ties are solid, which wouldn't make for a very distinctive "club tie".

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL, welcome to my world J. Normally when we work up a pattern I don't give a darn if I think that not many people will like it - I need 64-96 people to love it.

Here the goal is a tie that everyone can live with so it has to be something fairly uncomplicated. I'll find something interesting to do with the silk to keep it from being boring, promise.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would actually prefer the SF club bow-tie.

arkirshner

Reaction score
I prefer keeping the stripes running the way they are because we're not a British regiment

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I prefer keeping the stripes running the way they are because we're not a British regiment
The Royal Ninth Style Forvm Fusiliers.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I voted for #1 because it seemed more distinctive than the other two - which sort of reminded me of ties that I could probably find in the store.

Hey - if we're going to have a club tie it should be distinctive.

Bradford

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
I voted for #1. It looks less like a politician's tie, IMHO.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads