• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

SF/Bay Area members -- where to find Saphir or other quality shoe products?

malat

Reaction score
Does everyone order their shoe care supplies (e.g., cream, polish, brushes, waxes etc) online? Or is anyone aware of local stores that I can visit? I am tempted to pick up some creams at Allen Edmonds in Union Square. Any local favorites or is online the way to go?

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have my shined at or by A Shine & Co. Almost always the Galleria output, and on rare occasion Embarcadero Center.

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not aware of any place around here that stocks Saphir products. You'll have to order it online. They work great and I'm happy with them.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
got mine online on Franco's. i think hanger project carries them now?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Insensitive
You're not going to find Saphir in the local shoe repair places. I like to duck my head into any shoe repair place in town that I see just out of the curiosity factor. Anthony's Shoe Service (very recently moved to near the former Bank of America building) has some odd things like the Spanish Tarrago shoe cream, Collonil products, some Italian leather conditioners, etc. If you want to try Saphir, you'll need to order it online unless Will has a stand set up on Hippie Hill in the Haight or something.

Anthony's moved to the BofA building? When?

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 22 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 37 29.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 11 8.7%