• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF as a networking venue

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
ive also met a lot of sf people in person. maybe 100? i dunno, but a lot. some of them are my good friends now!

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
okay I edited out the pointless snark.

I met and hung out with 3 members; globetrotter, emptym and bbaquiran, and all are outstanding people and was a great pleasure knowing them.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like Teger I got a job with a certain affiliate and then also used him as a reference for my job at Barneys. Also made some real friends through SF.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a lot of us say too much stupid stuff for a connection to even be possible i think.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
Like Teger I got a job with a certain affiliate and then also used him as a reference for my job at Barneys. Also made some real friends through SF.

inlove.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
ive also met a lot of sf people in person. maybe 100? i dunno, but a lot. some of them are my good friends now!

Originally Posted by Magician

+1 to the real friendships.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I've met several styleforummers in the past, all good guys. I have been working on fulfilling the god given right of a perfect fitting leather jacket (or 5) for every man, woman, and child in the world, so I feel like when I go out on vacation next there will always be people down to drink a beer with me, wherever I go in the world. That's a good feeling.

tacobender

Reaction score
People on here know I work as an SA, and I do business with them via pm's and phones. I enjoy talking to everyone I meet on here.

I have met a few in person at my store, and one offered me a job in an industry that could have earned me more money, but I felt like it wouldn't be something that I enjoyed. I told him that and he appreciated my honesty and we still email/see each other from time to time and he sends business my way. He later told me that he was really impressed with me and wanted to have me come work for him because he liked some of my personalty traits, excellent customer service, easy going, well read / educated type deal. Since I rejected the offer he came back and told me that "I was really too good for the job anyway" It kinda made my day that I was able to keep his friendship and he wanted to give me a better paying job just based upon that he liked me.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When I was figuring out what to do with myself in terms of school/career, I approached various members for opinions/advice/info about the realities of their fields. I was offered by one guy to send in a resume, but appreciative as I was, I was no longer thinking about working in finance. When I was thinking about a startup, a couple people gave advice and recommended an IP lawyer. I later dropped the idea but ya, approached the right way and I think SF can be useful. As long as people don't actively dislike you, I've found they're generally willing to be helpful. And I know I've always tried to be when I get questions about my field.

cretaceous_cretin

Reaction score
LinkedIn.com +1

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
smile.gif
planning to boan some chicks cause of SF...

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cretaceous_cretin
LinkedIn.com +1

We have a StyleForum group on LinkedIn. It's a private group and I'm not switching it to an Open group because its just for people who are actually members of this site. However, if you'd like to join, just search for it in the Groups area and send a request to join.

As for my experience, I've made quite a few friends in real life and via the internet, which has expanded to friends on Facebook as well. I've also found that StyleForum is a great site to get career and life feedback and advice, but I don't see it as a place to get a job or find clients.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads