"SF Approved" Items You Can't Get Behind

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jrd617, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

Knit Ties. So so ugly.

Also, unbuttoned BD shirts.

2. Don Carlos

Don Carlos In Time Out

Ralph's 'Clunky' old Men's Shoe's - an abomination IMHO... 'The one's that everyone get's a Mongrel over, during Sale time.

For God's sake, man, it took me the better part of 45 seconds to figure out what you were even trying to say here. Learn how to use apostrophes correctly (hint: it's not to form plurals).

3. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

apostrophes

4. ChicagoMediaMan

ChicagoMediaMan Senior member

bright colored pants

5. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

apostrophes

Apostrophe's

6. Johnny24

Johnny24 Senior member

Knit Ties. So so ugly.

Also, unbuttoned BD shirts.

I have to disagree on the knit tie but that is my opinion and you are entitled to your own as well. Personally I think they are interesting and unique for most people due the small ratio of SF posters to common folk. I think they one of the only really acceptable "skinny" ties that can work with a business casual look (depending on the office) and the wider model is perfect with a suit that does not have anorexia of the lapel.

As for the BD shirt...I would never wear one with a suit, period. With a v-neck sweater and odd pants of chinos, I agree with you. For casual wear with jeans and untucked, I think keeping them buttoned on, say, a gingham shirt looks very stuffy. I prefer the artfully disheveled look in that situation.

7. RSS

RSS Senior member

I haven't a clue what is and what isn't approved. Might we have a list?

8. Xiaogou

Xiaogou Senior member

Red trousers/jeans

White trousers/jeans

9. odiv

odiv Well-Known Member

Film Noir Buff. Go to "The Wardrobe" and click on "When Bespoke Dreams Go Wrong," or whatever it is called.

Been looking around and can't seem to find their pics thread(s). Do they not have one?

10. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Been looking around and can't seem to find their pics thread(s). Do they not have one?

exactly [​IMG]

11. dshin

dshin Senior member

Personally I cant get behind whole cuts:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Whenever I see it, it reminds me of a really crude/rough stitch job after surgery or something.

Also double monks. I'm like regular/single monks. But double monks just doesn't look right to me:
    [​IMG]

reminds me of double velcro shoes I used to wear as a kid.

12. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

Film Noir Buff. Go to "The Wardrobe" and click on "When Bespoke Dreams Go Wrong," or whatever it is called. Only go if you have a strong constitution. You, me and Spoo are regulars in that thread, and it is very ugly. The guys over there are douchebags of the highest order. You have been warned.
    Tony, you seem to be forgetting your sartorial basics here - the outfit needs a LOT of help: - I don't see any 4' cuffs. Pants are much too tight, should have more room to move in them, and a better drape. - Shoes should be snuff suede double or triple monks. - Pocket square is not eccentric enough; should be a warmer color (hot pink, chartreuse) and pulled farther out of the pocket. - Why only six buttons? Also, the jacket would look much better with a very soft, natural shoulder, like a sweater. - Needs accessories: at least one stick umbrella, a briefcase or tote bag, ray bans, bracelets. Where is the lapel flower? Very careless. - Poster should be jumping into the air - Shirt and tie are a disaster. Where's the sprezz? Should be a bold checked BD (with buttons undone) and a yellow or chartreuse tie. - On that note, suit fabric is boring. A heavy tweed in a double Prince of Wales check, maybe with some metallic threads, would enliven the outfit. - Not even a hint of fun socks? - Leaves on the ground make me think that the whole outfit would be set off by a nice wool topcoat with gloves sticking out of the breast and hip pockets.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. WhateverYouLike

WhateverYouLike Senior member

14. inter71

inter71 Well-Known Member

Navy blue shoes

Really think to get navy blue shoes....

15. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

Dunno where that Gilgamesh quote came from but it is brilliant. Hits almost everything right on the head except he forgot comedy beards.