• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF affiliate thread: CMF HOMME

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok... i know it looks bad... and it is.

right now i owe the bank 400$. ive been in this situation for 2 months now and ive had to do everything i can just to pay my child support and rent, and im not even sure if im gonna be able to do that right now. if i had the money to refund everyone now i would do it, but i dont.

this expensive clothing thing, im not putting any money up, and im not making a penny. you know what i get out of this? a free shirt every once in a while and the joy of seeing my ideas come to life.

i understand how you feel goblin, and i would feel the same way. if i had a way to make everything cool right now i would, but im in a situation where i can pay you and the other people who bought things, and i go to jail and get evictied, or pay my child support and rent and hpe to get out of this hole that im in.

Goblin

Reaction score
It's honestly not that big a deal, I just couldn't let it slide without at least saying something about it. I sincerely hope things get better for you, as I've been in a hole myself. I don't have anything personal in this and I don't plan to pursue it, publicly or privately, except to the extent needed to wrap up the PayPal claim.

I won't be posting any more about it, just had to vent. I hope everything works out.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks man... i completly understand.

Reaction score
that's nice to see

i'm sure cheep will work it out with you

cookieoflife

Reaction score
Not threadjack or anything, but if you're already in the process of making natural indigo shirts, a concept I've always wanted to try was to dye a shirt using synthetic indigo then screen printing "I BLEED INDIGO" in natural indigo onto it. The idea is that the screen print would fade into different colors and at a different rate than the synthetic, thus allowing the print to be more and more visible as time goes on. Is this even possible?

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i dont think so... i was thinking about a clear print tho, with the intention of it not fading, so with time it would be visable.

chadler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheapmutha
ok... i know it looks bad... and it is.

i understand how you feel goblin, and i would feel the same way. if i had a way to make everything cool right now i would, but im in a situation where i can pay you and the other people who bought things, and i go to jail and get evictied, or pay my child support and rent and hpe to get out of this hole that im in.

ok i just want to clarify something...goblin bought a jacket off you and you never shipped the jacket. isn't it still his money then? i'm sorry but there is no excuses that you can make to justify your actions. you may need to pay your bills and pay child support, but that money was never yours to begin with. being poor isn't an excuse to steal.

also, you mentioned that there are other people you have to refund money to...how many others?

no_pseudonym

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Goblin
I wasn't sure I should post this here, but my stance is that if any other online vendor were ripping me off, I wouldn't think twice about warning other forum members before they put their funds at risk. The fact that it's a respected forum member ripping me off is secondary as far as I'm concerned.

I also made every effort to be cool with cmf and handle things via PM before posting.

I've just filed a dispute with PayPal which has escalated to a claim because I paid cmf for an old leather jacket on Feb. 12 - almost two months ago - and haven't got **** but repeated apologies and delays.

This is the text of the PayPal claim:
I paid $65.00 on February 12, 2007 for a used leather jacket and shipping, PayPal transaction ID 9MM04890RD962200H. Seller withdrew funds on February 14, 2007. I have contacted seller via private message on multiple occasions in an attempt to resolve matters amicably, and have made every effort to be accommodating and patient; seller has responded to requests for merchandise or refund with promises, apologies, and excuses. It is now April 10, 2007, and I am no longer interested in the merchandise, as it is clear that the seller has no intention of honoring our bargain. (Interestingly, he continues to solicit online business for other ventures.) I have saved PayPal transaction information as well as our exchange of messages in my attempt to resolve matters without recourse to the dispute process.

I have no illusions about my prospects of any recovery of funds, but feel that I must at least open a dispute as a matter of principle.

I have nothing personal against cmf, for all I know he could be the salt of the earth despite being a broke-ass deadbeat, but it gripes ****** to be put off for two months with excuses that, among other things, he couldn't afford ******* postage, and then I log in here every day and see him shilling his prospective clothing venture.

I apologize to the moderators, but I don't see how this is any different from negative feedback about any other online vendors. I will be happy to provide documentation of PM's and transactions to anyone considering a purchase. I believe our ongoing exchange will bear out my contention that I've been more than patient before escalating to "**** you, pay me."

I wouldn't take the jacket for free at this point, and $65 isn't ****, I just don't like getting ripped off. Even if it's not a lot of money, it's money I could be spending on something else. So, there's my personal experience and warning, that's all. Take it as you will.

I'm in pretty much the same situation. PayPal ruled in my favour, but unfortunately cheap didn't have enough funds in his account so I was only refunded $0.51.
frown.gif

I sincerely hope cheap is able to resolve his financial problems soon, because like you say it is money that I could use elsewhere.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads