• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sexual Starvation

shademore

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pantisocrat
Just 20 years ago, you never thought you'd last this long weren't you?
cheers.gif
Imagine what wonderful miracle drugs await my generation.
fing02[1].gif

I can only hope to continue my steadfastness in the manner of Moses and Doc Paskowitz. True heros of the cause. I leave you with the words of the immortal Alan Arkin "... I'm telling you young man take my advice, **** a lot of women. A Lot of women..."

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Eight or nine years or so.
Going on two years next week.

But I'm not normal.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
about 2 yrs between girl number 1 and girl number 2 in my teen years. Since then, I don't know...few months I guess.

People who count this in days are either whore mongering or lying...even if they are married now...pre matrimonial single life you guys really expect us to believe you were getting laid each and every week for your entire lives?

Yahuh...

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KPO89
I don't see the foolishness in exercising the trait which allows you to get up for work, study for class, exercise for health, and perform better in sex. No truly great man has ever reached his greatness without some element of self-control.

Lifting weights has no purpose other than to exercise a muscle. How is self-control any different?

Lifting weights makes you stronger and more appealing to many women and it's good for your longevity. Why wouldn't you just exercise self-control where you would see real benefits?

shademore

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
about 2 yrs between girl number 1 and girl number 2 in my teen years. Since then, I don't know...few months I guess.

People who count this in days are either whore mongering or lying...even if they are married now...pre matrimonial single life you guys really expect us to believe you were getting laid each and every week for your entire lives?

Yahuh...

Every week?!? I admit I have fallen off the pace a bit as I approach 50 and had to be satisfied with 4-5 times a weeks, but in my prime...
As for the whore mongering, never paid for it even once in 30+ years. I will tell you one thing though I feel sorry for you poor bastards over there. As for me, I am staying out of Korea.
American girls put out... Oh yeah.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Whats the longest you have "voluntarily" gone without sex?
Never. I execise self control in more meaningful ways.

KPO89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dedalus
Lifting weights makes you stronger and more appealing to many women and it's good for your longevity. Why wouldn't you just exercise self-control where you would see real benefits?
There is a spiritual side of this as well... I just don't see the point of so much sex...I mean my gf has been the most pleasing girl I've ever been with and I've had the best sex ever but why do you think so many people get tired of their partner? Because they do it until their dick is so sick of her ******. Nothing a little temperance couldn't shape up. I understand this is styleforum and we pride ourselves on materialism but at some point you've got to say "no" to something or your entire life is wasted very quickly. The deeper we all get in material and social ****, we get less out of the smaller things in life. That includes sex. Like someone already mentioned in this thread. Quality is not quantity. Edit: to answer your question more specifically I do exercise daily and deny myself certain foods that I may want but that has no where near the impact on one's self-control as denying yourself the pleasures of the flesh.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
[W]hy do you think so many people get tired of their partner? Because they do it until their dick is so sick of her ******.
I feel sorry for you. I feel even more so for your partner.

There is a spiritual side of this as well....
Given the first comment above ... this may be a very misguided spirituality.

KPO89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
I feel sorry for you. I feel even more so for your partner.

Given the first comment above ... this may be a very misguided spirituality.

I appreciate your feelings for me and my partner but I can assure you I'm very happy. I can't speak for her which I'm sure somebody is gonna rag on but I'm sure if you asked her she would feel mutual.

As far as the spiritual aspect. At least I'm trying which is more than most can say. As a Christian I'll admit I'm not the best...which just means I need the principal of Christianity more than most.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I appreciate your feelings for me and my partner but I can assure you I'm very happy. I can't speak for her which I'm sure somebody is gonna rag on but I'm sure if you asked her she would feel mutual.

As far as the spiritual aspect. At least I'm trying which is more than most can say. As a Christian I'll admit I'm not the best...which just means I need the principal of Christianity more than most.

facepalm.gif

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do you see spirituality and sexuality as being opposed to one another? Personally I've never understood those who separate sexuality from spirituality as if they are two independent and unrelated realms. I suppose they can be approached that way ... but such an approach adds a complexity that needn't be present.

I once knew an evangelical Christian who kept three journals ... one spiritual, one sexual, and one for every day activities (financial, political, hobbies, etc.). For some reason he was unwilling or unable to keep just one journal ... because in him mind each tainted the other.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting you used the word "starvation".

And please don't be a Christian. Nothing good has ever come out of it.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey, some people like to ******** with men, some people like to ******** with animals, some people don't want to ******** at all. That's your prerogative.

But don't pretend not ********** makes you a better person. It doesn't. Feeding the poor, helping little old ladies, being well read, teaching children to ride a bike, learning a new language, those things make you a better person. Intentionally depriving yourself of joy is an accomplishment only a spoiled asshole would brag about.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads