1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Sexiest guitar riffs, licks, solos, and instrumentals

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by HgaleK, Apr 14, 2011.

1. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

The title says it all. I'm not necessarily looking for badass (a la Pantera). Anything that drops panties and would be good to listen to with the lights out, the candles lit, a bit of drink, and a few bowls. Bluesy normally works.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

2. Hombre Secreto

Hombre Secreto Senior member

Little Wing by Jimi Hendrix

3. venessian

venessian Senior member

Jeff Beck
    'Cause We've Ended As Lovers (with Tal Wilkenfeld)
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Jeff Beck
    Brush With The Blues

BB King
    The Thrill Is Gone

Albert King
    Born Under A Bad Sign

Albert King
    As The Years Go Passing By (with Rory Gallagher)

Jimi Hendrix
    Voodoo Child (Slight Return)

Jimi Hendrix
    All Along The Watchtower

The Allman Brothers Band
    Whipping Post

Elmore James
    The Sky Is Crying

Eric Clapton & Duane Allman
    Layla

Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood
    Crossroads

Rory Gallagher
    A Million Miles Away

Mark Knopfler/Dire Straits
    Sultans Of Swing (Alchemy Live)

Neil Young
    Cortez The Killer

4. Navi

Navi Senior member

Not blues but Steve Hillage - Hurdy Gurdy Man has my favorite solo of all time. So good. go to 2:55 if all you want is the solo.

5. PeterMetro

PeterMetro Senior member

The correct answer is: Hey Nineteen by Steely Dan.

Of course, after all these years I don't know if it's Walter Becker or Hugh McCracken, but kudos to one or both of them.

6. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Sexiest?....Midnight at the Oaisis. That is an amazing solo. go to 1:11

7. GusW

It is a choice one. here it is by another player on a later 80's tour

8. GusW

Here is Hey Nineteen in the original version...much better

9. TheIdler

TheIdler Senior member

You are ignoring one crucial fact: no women actually like Steely Dan. As much as I love this tune and solo, it has never provoked panty-dropping, only eye-rolling and requests to put on something "good".[​IMG]

10. pstoller

pstoller Senior member

You are ignoring one crucial fact: no women actually like Steely Dan.

So not true.

11. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Senior member

Don't have access to youtube at work, so maybe someone can help me out, but my entry would be:

Santana
    Smooth

Great sexy, cha-cha beat. Appeals to the inner passionate latina in all women. If you can actually cha-cha with them to this song they will be powerless to your charms.

12. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

You are ignoring one crucial fact: no women actually like Steely Dan. As much as I love this tune and solo, it has never provoked panty-dropping, only eye-rolling and requests to put on something "good".[​IMG]

Ive boned to the Aja album more times than I can remember. My little lady lvoes the 'dan...not as much as I do, but she loves them nonetheless.

13. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Almost any Prince riff.

You are ignoring one crucial fact: no women actually like Steely Dan.

+1. Steely Dan is dude music.

14. PeterMetro

PeterMetro Senior member

I'm not sure that's true - a lot of Steely Dan has that mellow vibe, a glass-of-white-wine-at-the-end-of-a-hard-day-kick-off-your-shoes vibe (without crossing into the dreaded Easy Listening territory - although some would disagree) that many women can appreciate, even if they don't know it's Steely Dan.

I do agree that they don't nerd out to Steely Dan the way I do - i.e. 30 minute diatribes about the chord progressions on Peg or how Steve Gadd and Chuck Rainey are criminally underrated.

15. jyook

jyook Senior member

The sexiest guitar riff I can think of is Led Zep's Whole Lotta Love... That entire song screams sex...

BTW, Venessian has very good taste...

16. Seven

Seven Senior member

Metallica-For whom the bells tolls

17. Eponym

Eponym Well-Known Member

Rolling Stones - Can't You Hear Me Knocking

18. gfbl

gfbl Active Member

oasis- dont go away

19. romafan

romafan Senior member

Link Wray "Rumble"

20. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

7 minutes starting time exactly

skip to time 2:46
    or

4:05