• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SExDBxSxS12 Contest: Styleforum vs Superfuture

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
confused.gif

eh.gif

So who won?

Jackass - I meant 2012.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so fok you said january 8 ... so no one else can enter for styleforum or did you mean a different date?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
so fok you said january 8 ... so no one else can enter for styleforum or did you mean a different date?

No, January 2012 is the last day for final entries. Let's set the last date for entries to be March 31, 2011. Exceptions only for exceptional cases (such as, you've been in a coma, and woke up April 1.) Get those jeans and get started.

Fok.

Nomy?

Reaction score
Wow! Nice incentives to participate, glad I joined!

PS no white streaks when soaked! maybe soft water or some sort of mineral deposits in water, who knows im no scientist LOL!!!

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry its bright cuz of direct sunlight on my train ride from paris to avignon iphone fades FTW!!!
5513365100_eaa2ba41ac.jpg
5513365784_fe977ba8e4.jpg
5513366386_34977d2428.jpg
5512771723_d59f0109d4.jpg

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is it just me, or are corp's photos not showing? says domain violates imageshack

Nomy?

Reaction score
Not showing!

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I've noticed that all I ever see are frogs in ice cubes from ImageShack users. What are their horrible, horrible terms of service if they're not letting people post image locations on third-party web sites?

Anyway, x-post from WAYWT yesterday. Nothing new. ~11 days of wear. Received on 3/2, took a coupla days off for soaking and an unsuccessful attempt at getting a tailor to attach the Dry Bones tab.
ffffuuuu.gif

03162011b.jpg
03162011c.jpg

Levi's
zissou (no vis)
SExDB
GATs (non-replica)

One weird/irritating thing I've noticed is that the part just below the waistband on the outseam (where the yoke attaches) kinda digs into my hip in a weird way. It's not particularly snug there, just there's a hard, thick lump right at that point. Haven't noticed this on any other jeans.

I think has something to do with how thick the denim is, but it probably has even more to do with how bony I am. I'm pretty sure it'll stop being an issue as the denim continues to stretch and I start to sag them a little more.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Thanks, boss.
smile.gif
Starting to show some nice wear on those guys. Looks like pocketbag fades are the norm on these guys, which isn't surprising considering the double lining. Couple of questions: - Where did you go to get the Dry Bones tab sewn on yours, and how did they do it (i.e., taking the coin pocket apart, just sewing it next to it)? - What's the footwear in the first pic?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
Thanks, boss.
smile.gif
Starting to show some nice wear on those guys. Looks like pocketbag fades are the norm on these guys, which isn't surprising considering the double lining. Couple of questions: - Where did you go to get the Dry Bones tab sewn on yours, and how did they do it (i.e., taking the coin pocket apart, just sewing it next to it)? - What's the footwear in the first pic?

i had to go to two diff tailors to get mine sewed on. it was just a local korean dry cleaners/tuxedo rental shop. i believe she removed the threading to the left of the coin pocket under the rivet, pushed the tab in, and resewed. its def not perfect and not without flaws but it got the job done and it was really quick and she did it for 5 bucks. as you see int he pic below, you can see where she double threaded cuz the denim was so thick. but no one really would notice the makeshift sewing job unless really close and inspecting the pocket so im happy wiht it
5328657040_152e682212.jpg
as for footwear, both pairs are alden. first are cigar indys and second are #4/black shell saddles

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads