1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Sewing machines and learning to sew

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Americanaaa, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Americanaaa

Americanaaa Senior member

Hello,

I'm looking to get into sewing as a hobby. I want to make my own clothing from patterns, alter preexisting patterns and alter my current clothes.

I want to learn to sew with a sewing machine but am not sure what to get or what to look for.

Any help?

2. Nine Miler

Nine Miler Senior member

Local stores like JoAnn Fabrics have regular classes in the store and some series of class type things you can register and attend. Not sure on your location, so I am not sure if you have those stores.

1 person likes this.