Setting up a harem in your early 20s

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by lithium180, Dec 10, 2008.

1. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Call your place the maxi-pad.

2. Davidko19

Davidko19 Senior member

Goodness, it sounds like you sure live the life haha. Reminds me of "The Game"...I'm guessing you're a PUA. Other than the Leykis (not sure what the hell that is) I'd say that the advice is pretty good for setting up a party house/harem. Personally I don't think I could stand that lifestyle but I have friends who would be chomping at the bit to get a piece of something like that.

Sorry for the novels, but here's another....

NO way. Ive read the game and its a good story but the whole PUA concept is retarded to me. Asking girls some stupid question and wearing feather boas sounds rediculous. Especially now that most guys are doing it. Its run its course. Good for a confidence boost and to pick up general rules of thumb (i.e. always approach a girl in 3 seconds or you never will; have a false time constraint on the initial meeting, etc.) but picking up a chick is something a simple "hi" can achieve.

I would say 5 is not an unreasonable number. Im an average looking guy who I has average charisma. Pretty average/underachiving all around. Hell, i dont even have a job. But I can be funny and witty, however it mainly comes off as being an asshole (admittedly). My current situation is this:
    -one chick that i have been causally dating for 3 months
    -one chick in my hometown that I always call for a booty call when Im back there (she gets random emails and loves that I remember)
    -another chick from my college Im working an xmas angle on (havent tapped it ... yet)
    -another girl here I know from high school but we have semi-randomly ended up in bed together a few times (most notably thanksgiving night)
    -and Ive got a date tomorrow actually with a new chick I met at a bar on Saturday. Thats 5 right there with minimal effort.

I wouldnt say that Im doing bad, however, only 3 are local and 1 I havent even went out for drinks with yet. The key is not to let THEM get too attached to you. You are the man! you dictate the rules. If you play it like a date they will think its a date and emotions and shit get involved. Just go out drinking with them and some friends and its more of a casual hookup "accident" (what I think you and I are both looking for) and less of a dating mentality.

Besides these girls I can count 5 other chicks that would at least go out for a drink with me if I called them and asked, not guaranteeed booty but drinking buddies with potential. I always leave the door open and cordial.

Finally....leykis 101. He is a talk radio host. You can listen to him online or listen to his podcasts on I tunes. If your under 30 take ten minutes and read up on this. Its not self-help or any of that shit. Its more like a dad talking to you giving you advice and rules you, as a young, single, sucessful man, should live by. Whew....Im out.

3. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

NO way. Ive read the game and its a good story but the whole PUA concept is retarded to me. Asking girls some stupid question and wearing feather boas sounds rediculous. Especially now that most guys are doing it. Its run its course. Good for a confidence boost and to pick up general rules of thumb (i.e. always approach a girl in 3 seconds or you never will; have a false time constraint on the initial meeting, etc.) but picking up a chick is something a simple "hi" can achieve.

Yes, I see this quite often in bars and clubs. The PUA system is mainly for those who are too nervous to even say a complete sentence in the presence of a woman.

I wouldnt say that Im doing bad, however, only 3 are local and 1 I havent even went out for drinks with yet. The key is not to let THEM get too attached to you. You are the man! you dictate the rules. If you play it like a date they will think its a date and emotions and shit get involved. Just go out drinking with them and some friends and its more of a casual hookup "accident" (what I think you and I are both looking for) and less of a dating mentality.
    Very important distinction. Dating mentality invites a lot of heavy-duty relationship crap (unless that's what you are looking for).

4. lithium180

lithium180 Senior member

Yes, I see this quite often in bars and clubs. The PUA system is mainly for those who are too nervous to even say a complete sentence in the presence of a woman.

Very important distinction. Dating mentality invites a lot of heavy-duty relationship crap (unless that's what you are looking for).

Let's stay on topic here gentlemen (manimals). The subject is harems. Building them. Managing them.

5. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

Let's stay on topic here gentlemen (manimals). The subject is harems. Building them. Managing them.

I mean the easiest thing to say here is to be fucking awesome since it would assure that girls would want you and chase you.

6. dizzhizz

dizzhizz Senior member

make sure your bathroom is clean with no visible pubic hairs, piss stains and sufficient tp. cleanliness is key.

7. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

^^ I disagree. I think that is key to getting a girlfriend, but not needed to keep a few pokers in the fire.

8. lithium180

lithium180 Senior member

make sure your bathroom is clean with no visible pubic hairs, piss stains and sufficient tp. cleanliness is key.

I agree with this 100%. We already have enough toilet paper to survive the apocalypse, and someone please msg me if you have a cleaning lady with references.

9. lithium180

lithium180 Senior member

I was hoping that more of our older posters (married and post-married) would feed this thread btw. Tell me what you know old-timers! Tell me about bachelor pads of the 80s! [​IMG]

10. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

I was hoping that more of our older posters (married and post-married) would feed this thread btw. Tell me what you know old-timers! Tell me about bachelor pads of the 80s! [​IMG]

Mirrored surfaces and lots of blow.

11. SField

SField Senior member

Several weeks ago, I made a big post-college graduation move out of my parent's house and in to a home with several other people in their 20s. My new pad has excellent potential to establish itself as a party spot and my roommate has expressed an interest in making it a place where girls and their accompanying flocks of friends like to "just drop by" to hang out and soak in our general aura of successful young-manness. (Mind you that success is only just beginning for us. We are just starting out and expect an age range of between 18-26)

Being friends with groups of girls represents a paradigm shift for me, as in the past I have generally sought to isolate girls I wanted to nail from their friends as quickly as possible. I have never had "groups" of girl friends, admittedly due partly to my having been less than a social doyen and not having a lot of resources in high school and college.

Anybody have any recommendations for creating and managing networks of fine females with a central axis being around the home? Potential pitfalls? Where are good places to make friends with groups of women?

Or, alternately, if you view this post as completely gay ([​IMG]), please feel free to share your own war stories about your early 20s harems, past or present.

It has been my experience that guys who have a lot of success with girls don't talk much about it or scheme much about it. They're attractive people physically and socially, people want to be around them. It isn't something you can necessarily create, as far as having a "harem". The kinds of guys I know who do that basically spend all their time being themselves and just doing what they do, and don't go out of their way to get any of that. If you have that kind of magnetism then good for you. If you don't, then attempting to manufacture it will just make you look sad. Harems build and manage themselves.

12. lithium180

lithium180 Senior member

It has been my experience that guys who have a lot of success with girls don't talk much about it or scheme much about it. They're attractive people physically and socially, people want to be around them. It isn't something you can necessarily create, as far as having a "harem". The kinds of guys I know who do that basically spend all their time being themselves and just doing what they do, and don't go out of their way to get any of that. If you have that kind of magnetism then good for you. If you don't, then attempting to manufacture it will just make you look sad. Harems build and manage themselves.

Disagree. This time around, you can be anyone.

13. SField

SField Senior member

Disagree. This time around, you can be anyone.

O my god you're one of those mysterio nerds.

Anyone who wants to be anyone other than themselves is pathetic.

14. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Bachelor pads are more '60s and '70s.

Think low suede sofas, mirrored surfaces, a flashy car and knee-deep carpeting with state-of-the art reel-to-reel players and such.

15. JeffsWood

JeffsWood Senior member

Keeping the place clean is good advice, also keep the bar well stocked and not just with beer and scotch!

Also the secret to my succses in the old days (Early 90's for me).... Disney animated movies! The Little Mirmaid was like spanish fly. Toss that movie in, a few glasses of wine and the ladies melt.