1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Serious Thread - Air Jordans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by lemmywinks, Apr 29, 2010.

1. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

Before everyone kills me. Here are like a few things that I'd like to use to my defense.

The early Jordans are just as classic as some of the other SF approved sneakers. Maybe not on a Converse level but if you want to talk classic some of them have their role in 'classic'.

And I can't speak for most of the newer Jordans but seriously I've hopped on over to that 'baller sneaker thread' and some of them are a lot worse than the early Jordans.

And the whole 'belong in a gym' thing... Same argument for Boat shoes, Workwear... bla bla bla.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not defending all Air Jordans but I think people are just quickly dismissing these when some clearly have their place in history and some look pretty good and are a lot better than that baller sneaker thread.

After all this time on SF there are still some (I'm thinking Jordans 1-5) that I would wear given the right colorway.

2. jet

jet Senior member

Do you have any real interest in any of these nonsensical threads you start?

3. Razele

Razele Senior member

Thanks lemmywinks for not just posting this in Random Fashion Thoughts

I truly appreciate this

4. Razele

Razele Senior member

Can you next thread please be a food and bowel movement diary

This interests me

5. Listi

Listi Senior member

And the whole 'belong in a gym' thing... Same argument for Boat shoes, Workwear... bla bla bla.

Which also both suck, just like Jordans. There is a guy in the library here wearing green white and yellow jordans. They look pretty damn bad. I see lots of asian chicks wearing bizarro colourwayed jordans, they look bad too. This is the wrong forum, you're looking for HYPEBEAST.

6. KBW

KBW Senior member

I'm not a Jordan fan but I do have a few pairs of 1's that I wear on occasion

7. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

Which also both suck, just like Jordans.

I believe boat shoes actually 'blow'.

8. bma

bma Senior member

Which also both suck, just like Jordans. There is a guy in the library here wearing green white and yellow jordans. They look pretty damn bad. I see lots of asian chicks wearing bizarro colourwayed jordans, they look bad too. This is the wrong forum, you're looking for HYPEBEAST.

is styleforum seriously only about the "americana" look?

9. Listi

Listi Senior member

is styleforum seriously only about the "americana" look?

I fucking hate the Americana look.

See "BALLER SNEAKERS THREAD" to understand what good sneakers look like. ps it's not like jordans

10. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

i don't have any problems with hot asian chicks wearing flamboyant air jordans

11. dareone

dareone Senior member

sadly, you just won't find too many people who could actually appreciate jordans on this forum.

personally, i am huge fan (although not so much with the retroes) of jordans, especially of the v's and xi's. there's a lot of history behind each of the shoes...

12. MortyGras

MortyGras Senior member

13. Indigo_phobia

Indigo_phobia Active Member

nowadays, no matter how expensive u pay for ur jordan, they're still made in china

14. uristocrat

uristocrat Well-Known Member

sadly, you just won't find too many people who could actually appreciate jordans on this forum.

personally, i am huge fan (although not so much with the retroes) of jordans, especially of the v's and xi's. there's a lot of history behind each of the shoes...

i have a few pairs that I wear on occasion.. i guess i should be visiting hypebeast [​IMG]

15. KBW

KBW Senior member

I fucking hate the Americana look.

See "BALLER SNEAKERS THREAD" to understand what good sneakers look like. ps it's not like jordans

Baller sneakers thread has lightened my bank account a good bit [​IMG]

16. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

nowadays, no matter how expensive u pay for ur jordan, they're still made in china
    True but these made in china shoes has a much higher resale value than any shoes made in Italy.
    i don't have any problems with hot asian chicks wearing flamboyant air jordans
    I like your way of thinking... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Women of any race with Jordans is good in my book... [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

17. jet

jet Senior member

LoL @ sneakers that turn yellow

18. Listi

Listi Senior member

[​IMG]

I would really much prefer this picture without any air jordans in it, thank you very much[​IMG]

19. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

My problem with Air Jordan trashy ass sneakers is that they don't go far enough. Remember when we were kids and all the rich kids had, like, light-up soles, or laces with little Bat-Signals on them? Well, since Air Jordans/Dunks/Delta Forces are never going to look like anything except plastic Gundam feet, they might as well just go with that. I'm thinking black Adidas with glow-in-the-dark white stripes. Iron Man colorways that actually include pictures of Iron Man fighting villains and having sex with attractive women. Light up soles on every single thing. I'm completely serious.

On another note, to the OP: my impression is that people on SF actually hate on Air Jordans because they look terrible and do not mesh on a color/textural level with any other decent thing. My brother got me a Nike gift card for Christmas, and I had to wait 3 months before a style of shoe came up that I would wear, even as a "joke shoe". I also thing most designer sneakers look awful, but I have occasionally lusted after a pair of Diors or Lanvins or MMMs just because they look so high-caliber. Air Jordans have an age limit of 13... after that there's just no reason.

20. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

My problem with Air Jordan trashy ass sneakers is that they don't go far enough. Remember when we were kids and all the rich kids had, like, light-up soles, or laces with little Bat-Signals on them? Well, since Air Jordans/Dunks/Delta Forces are never going to look like anything except plastic Gundam feet, they might as well just go with that. I'm thinking black Adidas with glow-in-the-dark white stripes. Iron Man colorways that actually include pictures of Iron Man fighting villains and having sex with attractive women. Light up soles on every single thing. I'm completely serious.

I think Air Jordan has gone far enough with these:
    [​IMG]

Colorful socks not included.