• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Serious Spectacles *Help*

seesee

Reaction score
Hello I have a problem.

I am 27 year old but I look very young(20) but knowledgeable in my field. Every time when I have to a presentation or meet the customers, It takes a longer time to convince my customer to adopt my proposal or solution.

My customers are usually very happy with the outcome but they always tell me I look too young and they apologies for being doubtful in the first place.

I am hoping if someone can introduce me a spectacle that would help me look serious or more convincing.

chrisc

Reaction score
Will glasses do much at all? If you want to look older, you're going to have to wear glasses that older adults wear. Which means having to wear some damn ugly glasses.

I would say a haircut or growing a beard does more for you. Or maybe gaining some weight if you're gangly.

seesee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrisc
Will glasses do much at all? If you want to look older, you're going to have to wear glasses that older adults wear. Which means having to wear some damn ugly glasses.

I would say a haircut or growing a beard does more for you. Or maybe gaining some weight if you're gangly.

Spectacles itself won't be enough.

I have a few suits, cuff links, BVG Charity Ring and watch. I am thinking of adding a spectacle now

FYI: I have perfect eye sight.

by the way guess my profession
wink.gif

smile.gif

IronRock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by seesee
by the way guess my profession
wink.gif
smile.gif

Forget about how young you look and enjoy the fact that you end up brining them round (against the odds?).

Are you that little kid in the pampers advert?

CMD.EXE

Reaction score
Originally Posted by seesee
Hello I have a problem.

I am 27 year old but I look very young(20) but knowledgeable in my field. Every time when I have to a presentation or meet the customers, It takes a longer time to convince my customer to adopt my proposal or solution.

My customers are usually very happy with the outcome but they always tell me I look too young and they apologies for being doubtful in the first place.

I am hoping if someone can introduce me a spectacle that would help me look serious or more convincing.

I suggest you get reverse botox, or send mafoofan a PM to ask him which old folks home he steals his stuff from, because it undoes everything his asian genes (maybe jeans?) do for him, so its right up with the look you want

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couldn't you goto any thrift store and buy a pair of glasses from 1960s? Just take out the lenses and put in blank ones.

Or do you want actual designer glasses that looks "older'?

oldog/oldtrix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blessings on thee, little man,
Barefoot boy, with cheek of tan!
With thy turned-up pantaloons,
And thy merry whistled tunes;
With thy red lip, redder still
Kissed by strawberries on the hill;
With the sunshine on thy face,
Through thy torn brim's jaunty grace;
From my heart I give thee joy,"”
I was once a barefoot boy!
Prince thou art,"”the grown-up man
Only is republican.
Let the million-dollared ride!
Barefoot, trudging at his side,
Thou hast more than he can buy
In the reach of ear and eye,"”
Outward sunshine, inward joy:
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy!

Cheerily, then, my little man,
Live and laugh, as boyhood can!
Though the flinty slopes be hard,
Stubble-speared the new-mown sward,
Every morn shall lead thee through
Fresh baptisms of the dew;
Every evening from thy feet
Shall the cool wind kiss the heat:
All too soon these feet must hide
In the prison cells of pride,
Lose the freedom of the sod,
Like a colt's for work be shod,
Made to tread the mills of toil,
Up and down in ceaseless moil:
Happy if their track be found
Never on forbidden ground;
Happy if they sink not in
Quick and treacherous sands of sin.
Ah! that thou couldst know thy joy,
Ere it passes, barefoot boy!

-- John Greenleaf Whittier

Advent

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JamesX
Couldn't you goto any thrift store and buy a pair of glasses from 1960s? Just take out the lenses and put in blank ones. Or do you want actual designer glasses that looks "older'?
I like this idea, but instead of replacing the lenses with plain glass why not simply wear the frames with no lenses at all. This way your clients will think you are totally mad, which is normally something we don't see in people until their older years - mission accomplished.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Advent
I like this idea, but instead of replacing the lenses with plain glass why not simply wear the frames with no lenses at all. This way your clients will think you are totally mad, which is normally something we don't see in people until their older years - mission accomplished.

+1
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

-LR

g00n

Reaction score
Instead of trying to look older, try to look more professional. You are "accessorizing" too much. Don't wear a ring, or cufflinks.. you are 27 1) cut your hair shorter and comb it 2) always dress at least business casual (pants and button down) during the weekdays 3) wear a watch with a leather band 15) if all else fails, grow a beard!!! -minus the gold watch
inception_46.jpg.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics