Seraphin

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by johnapril, Sep 30, 2004.

1. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

Does anyone else wear leather by Seraphin? He is Russian but works in Paris.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Great leather. A little conservative for me, and I'm not really into leather jackets these days, but you can't knock the quality.

3. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

In Paris, at Theo Fil, I saw a shearling dyed purple, the outside tanned a slick black. It was cut like a motorcycle jacket.

4. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Yes I do, I have three (one branded Hermes). Most incredible leathers and the choices..... Buttery soft reindeer lined in deep purple fur, below the hip length with a motorcyle collar (Think Fay's Aston Jacket taken to another level). Another in incredible goatskin suede, cement colour and in the light it actually has a dusting of "goldish" something.. soft as heck, I think it was called the Daytona. Third custom job, hip length goatsuede motorcycle styled jacket in anthracite.

5. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

Where do you order custom Seraphin?

6. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Have you tried asking in Paris?

7. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

I did not ask about it when I was shopping at Theo Fil. I think there is one other store in Paris that handles Seraphin. Maybe there I will ask.

8. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

[​IMG] When you zip up the reindeer jacket, not a bit of purple peeps out.... and the fur is pretty short, under an inch. It is a winter jacket, and I have been tempted several times to wear a t-shirt under it since the fur is sooo.... nice...... The cement coloured one with a "gold" treatment is really very very subtle, you do no see the slight shimmer at all, only under bright sunlight, and only a very subtle shimmer then. The black goat is actually the nicest, and is mainly accentuated by the cut.

9. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

There are several stores in Paris that carry Seraphin, Linea Nuovo comes to the top of my head.

10. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

I found a springweight leather shirt jacket, unlined, by Seraphin in Montreal. It is light tan, nearly gray, with a tobacco pinpoint print, slightly distressed.

The one I bought at Theo Fil is a 3/4 length shearling, cement inside and out, suede out.