• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Septieme Largeur vs Cobbler Union?

Kushcoma9000

Reaction score
I know they're both good but which one do y'all think makes a better wholecut oxford for the price? Other than the price ($75 apart) and the quilted interior that CU has, there isn't much difference. They're both sleek, both got a fiddleback waist, box calf, gyw, closed channel. Which one would you get and why? Any thoughts?

CU ($395): https://www.cobbler-union.com/collections/the-oxfords/products/miquel-iii

SL (~$320): http://www.septiemelargeur.fr/en/oxford/316-gedeon-chocolat-forme-199.html#/uk_homme-75

mintchox

Reaction score
Assuming both fit you, the first thing I notice is that the Cobbler Union one has a more aggressively pointed last. You'll therefore need to consider whether the rest of your outfit / style can match that sleekness, especially with a whole-cut. Personally I'd go for the Septieme shape because my tailoring doesn't match the Cobbler Union one.

Kushcoma9000

Reaction score
Assuming both fit you, the first thing I notice is that the Cobbler Union one has a more aggressively pointed last. You'll therefore need to consider whether the rest of your outfit / style can match that sleekness, especially with a whole-cut. Personally I'd go for the Septieme shape because my tailoring doesn't match the Cobbler Union one.
True, I thought I was the only one noticing that but wasn't sure, so ya I def agree that the CU look a bit more sleeker (which I prefer actually based on my style) and idk if I'm only noticing this myself but the "beveled/fiddleback waist" also seems to be more prominent in the CU's. The link I sent for the SL's didn't really show a clear picture of the waist but if you look at the black color version of the model, it's a little clearer to see it and thus compare it to the CU ones: http://www.septiemelargeur.fr/en/oxford/61-gedeon-noir-199.html#/uk_homme-75

I guess the question is, is the extra $75 justified in the more sleeker looking last, more prominent looking fiddleback waist (I think), and quilted interior? Lol I guess imo, it is

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.