• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Septieme Largeur footwear - Discussion Thread

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yesterday I tried some shoes of the brand, I like the model Gatsby in the 198 last, I felt nice the 9.5 UK. I also tried a Chukka in suede but with a rubber sole. They only have that one in 10 UK and looks the same length as the Carmina Inca in 9.5 UK.

How do you feel about the brand?

Meyboom

Reaction score
Summer shoes, SL Gatsby in Tobacco suede
DSC_0086.JPG

Meyboom

Reaction score
Good question. I wear both in the same size (8UK) and the SL fits me better because the last is overall a little less roomy than Rain. For me Rain fits too loose in the heel and has too much space in the vamp (above my toes). This is not the case with the SL 198 last. As this is a derby I don't have issues with my high instep either. Do bear in mind that the toe box is quite short and slightly pointy so you may need to size up by 0.5 if you have long toes.

Quality wise I am very pleased with these. They are about one year old and have served me well. The suede is of very good quality (better than Yanko) and they are really comfortable.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good question. I wear both in the same size (8UK) and the SL fits me better because the last is overall a little less roomy than Rain. For me Rain fits too loose in the heel and has too much space in the vamp (above my toes). This is not the case with the SL 198 last. As this is a derby I don't have issues with my high instep either. Do bear in mind that the toe box is quite short and slightly pointy so you may need to size up by 0.5 if you have long toes.

Quality wise I am very pleased with these. They are about one year old and have served me well. The suede is of very good quality (better than Yanko) and they are really comfortable.

Thanks mate! I once tried this shoe in the some shade of burgundy, it looked great but the 9.5 UK felt tight in my toes. They didn't have 10 UK so I didn't buy them. But it's good to have this for future reference.

Meyboom

Reaction score
I have always wondered which Spanish shoemaker produces these shoes for SL. SL has some boots that look very similar to the ones on the Andres Sendra website but I am not sure about the rest of the shoes. Any insights?

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have always wondered which Spanish shoemaker produces these shoes for SL. SL has some boots that look very similar to the ones on the Andres Sendra website but I am not sure about the rest of the shoes. Any insights?

Nope. In fact I didn't knew they were made in Spain, I thought they were made in France.

SimplyStylin

Reaction score
No talk of this brand for some time... I'm considering a pair of Joffre and would love to see some more examples of their work and how the shoes are holding up from SF members.

Thanks guys.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No talk of this brand for some time... I'm considering a pair of Joffre and would love to see some more examples of their work and how the shoes are holding up from SF members.

Thanks guys.

I have two pairs of their shoes (both suede). They are holding up quite well so far. Anything in particular you’d like to know?

Although I find their range of models a bit limiting (eg no basic chocolate suede chukka) I like their shoes and find them solid value for money

SimplyStylin

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, nothing in particular really. Just noticed the thread died and thought I would check in just in case. Maybe Carlos Santos just drank their milkshake a bit by offering a similar (but not as customizable) patina service.

I'm deciding on the finish & last still, but plan to order something soon. They seem like fun shoes to mix in to the collection given the color & patina options.

Last edited:

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, nothing in particular really. Just noticed the thread died and thought I would check in just in case. Maybe Carlos Santos just drank their milkshake a bit by offering a similar (but not as customizable) patina service.

I'm deciding on the finish & last still, but plan to order something soon. They seem like fun shoes to mix in to the collection given the color & patina options.

Definitely a busy price point there with lots of great options. I do find their 3 eyelet derby and chukka models way more elegant than pretty much any other brand out there

Meyboom

Reaction score

I have the Gatsby in both tobacco suede and chocolate brown calf. They're well made shoes that hold up well. The 198 last fits me very well. I also have a pair of unlined suede loafers, they make for great summer shoes.

ijustknow

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of my recent visit to the shop in Paris. I was traveling on long distance so I chose to spend a day in Paris and get myself a pair of 'raw calf' double monks...those shoes I took to Mr. Paulus Bolten for Patina. I'll picture those later.

Patina: Miro loafer normal stiching

Patina: Miro REVERSE stiching

Last 199 Double Monks, 1/2 Grained
http://www.septiemelargeur.fr/en/pa...charles-12-graine-forme-199.html#/uk_homme-75

Random pics around the shop

Norweger stitching for winter.

This bag looked so sweet and spacious....You will not guess the price :)

The leather looks very good!

emiratiAL

Reaction score
How does the sizing run for this brand? If I'm a UK9 for John Lobb, will it be a UK9 for here?

Any help appreciated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads