• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Septieme Largeur footwear - Discussion Thread

MTLinStyle

Reaction score
I'm considering an SL winter boot modified with a Ridgeway sole. Does anyone have experience with the 7505 last?

I do, got the MOISSAC GREASY LEATHER LAST 7505 last year. what is your question?

MTLinStyle

Reaction score
I find the 199 last very narrow, and wish I had sized a half size up. I found it narrower than the Meermin Olfe and Hiro lasts and the Carmina Rain last (I own all of these in UK 7.5).

Do you have Carmina Simpson?

Sactogeoff

Reaction score
Could anyone advise if SL has a holiday sale going? If not, does anyone know when they typically run a sale? My finger is hovering over the "payment" button with some beautiful patina shoes. Thank you!

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does SL use similarly unbearable heel stiffeners like Meermin?
I am eying the Basile brown suede chelsea boot but would like to avoid to pay for return shipping.

Contango

Reaction score
SL are having a sale at the moment, discounted items are under the Outlet section.

Placed my first order, looking forward to them!

GoneBabyGone

Reaction score
Major disappointment Was in Paris and visited their shop.

I wear UK12/US13 and was looking forward to specifying a color.

They do not carry my size!! :censored:

BenjaminZeev

Reaction score
heard about MTO, what do people know? anyone done it? what are the options and pricing?

MTLinStyle

Reaction score
Picking the thread up again. How does sizing compare to the Simpson? I am interested in the 199 and 174 lasts. Thanks!

I am 9.5 UK in SL 199 and I am 10UK in Simpson, I am 9.5UK in rain. I dont know if that give you any other reference. I have bunch of Meermin shoes on various lasts (Rui, Hiro, Ron) all are 9.5 UK

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Picking the thread up again. How does sizing compare to the Simpson? I am interested in the 199 and 174 lasts. Thanks!

I find that the 199 last is very narrow - I went up a half size on my one pair of 199-lasted shoes from SL (from a UK8.5 to a UK9). I' have only one pair of Carminas, which I took in a UK 8.5 - the 199 is definitely narrower. I have one pair of SL in the 224 last, which I took as a UK8.5, and they fit fine.

Elessar

Reaction score
I am 9.5 UK in SL 199 and I am 10UK in Simpson, I am 9.5UK in rain. I dont know if that give you any other reference. I have bunch of Meermin shoes on various lasts (Rui, Hiro, Ron) all are 9.5 UK

I find that the 199 last is very narrow - I went up a half size on my one pair of 199-lasted shoes from SL (from a UK8.5 to a UK9). I' have only one pair of Carminas, which I took in a UK 8.5 - the 199 is definitely narrower. I have one pair of SL in the 224 last, which I took as a UK8.5, and they fit fine.

Thank you both for replying, appreciate it. I wear a 8.5 on the Simpson, 8.0 on the Rain. I do think that I'm actually somewhere like 7.75 on Rain and 8.25 on Simpson (ie, I can wear the 8.0 on Simpson if need be), so I have a feeling that the UK 8.0 on the SL 199 last should be a good fit (tighter than most lasts, but maybe not as narrow as the Simpson).

I have narrow feet so 199 should be good. Thanks again!

Edit: Other lasts I have, in case you can give further guidance:
Carmina Simpson UK8.5
Carmina Rain UK8.0
Enzo Bonafe 946 UK8.0 (not ideal because instep too high and length slightly short)
Yanko 915 UK8.0 (Chelsea boots)
Yanko 915 UK8.5 (double monk-straps; note this and the chelsea fit very similar, I'm not sure how)
Grenson Sharp UK8.0
Grenson Dylan UK7.0
Meccariello Mayfair UK9.0E

Last edited:

MTLinStyle

Reaction score
Not sure. My 199 is in suede. Simpson is in calf. Suede does strech a little.

However I find SL very comfotable compared to Carmina and Meermin.

Elessar

Reaction score

Not sure. My 199 is in suede. Simpson is in calf. Suede does strech a little.

However I find SL very comfotable compared to Carmina and Meermin.

I'll definitely keep that in mind. Thank you!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads