• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Septieme Largeur footwear - Discussion Thread

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone who owns SL boots and/or shoes for a while now can comment on how the quality is in the long run. How have they aged?

azumi

Reaction score
I own two pairs of SL boots and two pairs of laced up shoes, I think they are good quality in general after using nearly a year, but I have a same minor issue with my two SL ( a boot and a shoe), that is the lining inside the right shoe peeled off a little bit.

swlondon

Reaction score
Anyone got more pics of the Eugene shoe? I am looking to buy a pair of black oxfords and from the SL website they look perfect but I wanted to see some 'real' shots of a pair if possible, rather than the website photos.

Last edited:

boringbear

Reaction score
here's some pictures of my friend's SL shoes
smile.gif

Last edited:

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@rgweiser53 I purchased them about 3 years ago. I took a quick look on the website and they don't have the exact shoe any more. Mine in the photo are on the 174 last with dianite soles. The link below looks to be the closest model. The 174 last is pointer than the 198. I am happy with them, but would actually prefer them on the 198. One thing to note: oddly they are not made with a loop in the back of the shoe to hold the straps in place. I took them to a local cobbler and had them added, but annoyed it was not part of the original shoe.

http://www.septiemelargeur.fr/ernest-rubber---last-198-in-suede-p25000-en.html

iznljca

Reaction score
Well yes, I've bought a pair of their Joffre oxfords in "Vocalou old brown" about a month ago. Good looking shoes these are, but the quality of leather and build turned out to be rather questionable. The color was uniform to begin with but as the leather stretched around stress points it loses quite a bit of color (exhibit 1). This discoloration goes away as the leather relaxes after wear. More disturbingly, in one place the leather has actually cracked (!!) after just two days (exhibit 2). The sole is not exactly perfect either (exhibits 3, 4). This once again is after just two wears. I am frankly rather disappointed; I did expect more from them.

jaywhyy

Reaction score
^Color loss is normal for crust leather at creases. Nature of the beast and beloved by many. Cracking on the other hand..I'd try contacting SL

Anyone have any experience with their shell?

trueblu

Reaction score
Check out their new store opening in Singapore

3 Pickering Street #01-16 behind Great Eastern building at the corner

Many made mistakes walking straight through and ended up the other side of building as it seems all well connected as one ended up with another shoe maker ( Diamond Walker )

Well a cool relief after all compared both brands and ended buying a new pair / Make by Septieme : )

abi1986

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm considering to buy my first SL pair... Do they run winter sales on the website?

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good timing, I received this email earlier in the week:

Dear Customers,

Private sales from the 3rd to the 8th of January.
20% to 40% discount on the winter collection !
Available in our parisian stores and on the website
Septieme Largeur's team wish you a happy new year celebrations

abi1986

Reaction score
Thanks europrep!
Just went on the website...unfortunately the suede boots i wanted aren't discounted.

Another question: any comparison between SL and Meermin?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics