1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

separated at birth?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by oscarthewild, Apr 1, 2005.

1. oscarthewild

oscarthewild Senior member

I was at this store that had suits on one rack and sport jackets on another.  In the sportjacket rack were three very interesting jackets with unfinished sleeves.  They looked very well made, altonili or attolini or something.  Well as I went along to the trousers, I found what I thought were the matching trousers to the three tops.  However, the store had retagged them. I wanted them to sell these suits as suits but the store person insisted that I pay extra 29 dollars for each of the trousers.  The jackets were $149.  

Has anyone ever encountered this situation. On the other hand $149 + $29 seems a good price for an italian made suit with unfinished sleeves and unhemmed trousers.

2. marc237

marc237 Senior member

Nah. I would walk out and take my business to Target. There is just no reason to put up with such an unreasonable position. besides, if the store does not have the decency to stock hemmed slacks, why should you have to pay extra to have them taken up.

3. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

What a ripoff - $150 bucks and they are too lazy to sew the buttons on? I've seen them - think they are made in Sumatra.

4. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

You must be talking about Gabay's.  Yea I saw they are selling the attolini pants and jackets separately for the price you mentioned.

5. oscarthewild

Whoa, the swarms of masses descend upon Gabays in search of $149 Attolinis.

6. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

I am about to book a ticket on Amtrak from Boston to NYC -- please tell me this thread is an April Fool's joke. [​IMG]

7. oscarthewild

I have never been to Gabays in my life so I'd call before I venture that way. -

8. hopkins_student

hopkins_student Senior member

Yes, $150 for an Attolini sounds too good to be true, much like the apartment I found in Pasadena with 2 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, and a garage for $600 a month.