• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Senior prom Suit/Tux advice ASAP PLEASE

JonTamez

Reaction score
I'm a senior and my prom is 3 months away. I don't know much about tuxes/suits I've usually just gone to Macy's and handpicked different things and made them match. But i wanna look good for prom so I'm trying this website to get good trusted advice from people who know fashion. I plan on renting whatever its i do get if i can because i cant go overboard on the costs. I'm 5'10 I'm slim, my body type is like Justin timberlake. I have an idea of what i want but i don't know specifics and that's why I'm here. Here a few pics of what my idea is. Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Also i want something that will stand out but not something to crazy.

Mitchacho

Reaction score
Budget?

How traditional do you want your evening wear to be?

How often do you plan on wearing this stuff again?

Your best bet as a high school senior is to find a place that rents and alters for you. As long as you don't show up in what J. Tim is wearing (black on black on black) you'll be fine.

JonTamez

Reaction score
I don't want to spend more than $300. And I'll most likely only wear this once. And I don't want something too traditional because I want to stand out from everyone else.

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear JonTamez, In the upper right corner is field labeled SEARCH. Please type "prom" and "tuxedo" into this field and hit return. Your question has been discussed estimated 10^23 times and you will not get any answers not already provided there. Thanks and enjoy your prom.

Fellow SFers: Would it be worth to set up sticky threads about the constantly recurring questions on PROM as well as BLACK SUITS?

Mitchacho

Reaction score
I don't want to spend more than $300. And I'll most likely only wear this once. And I don't want something too traditional because I want to stand out from everyone else.
Ok, for $300 you can't get a dinner jacket made. Much less purchase a full tux. You're going to want to rent it. And if you just want to blend in, get a something like I mentioned you shouldn't (black on black on black) or any other ridiculous "tux" ensemble. It's high school prom, dude. Go wear some stupid orange suit or something; it's like the last time it will ever be acceptable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads