• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

semi-URGENT: present for a year old

herzzreh

Reaction score
I need to buy a present for a year old boy... by tomorrow.
The kid is from a well-off family, not particularly needy. What the hell do I get a tiny kid? Within $200 or so.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
****** sized basketball/hoop

+

that triceratops you ride on (on sale at target for $99)

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that triceratops you ride on (on sale at target for $99)
+1 my kids love that

any rocking horse type of thing is good

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
again, depends on how weatlthy the family is. they may have a real triceratops already. c aveat emptor.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just go pick out something cute at Baby Gap or Saks or something and make sure you give the gift receipt, no matter what you buy.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Jeez $200 is a lot to spend on a 1-year old. At Christmas only my parents, gf, and brother get into $200 gift territory... and I'm a gainfully employed professional in my 30s.

I say you get him a piggy bank and $20 in rolled coins of different denominations.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
Jeez $200 is a lot to spend on a 1-year old. At Christmas only my parents, gf, and brother get into $200 gift territory... and I'm a gainfully employed professional in my 30s.

I say you get him a piggy bank and $20 in rolled coins of different denominations.

+1. It's a little over the top, don't you think?

I got my cousin an uglydoll for xmas. She's a little over a year old. She loves it.

See: http://www.amazon.com/UglyDoll-Beep-...1433987&sr=8-8

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kid won't know/appreciate what you get him. This being SF, check out Papo d' Anjo or Best & Co. (they're both having sales) for some sweet duds that the kid could grow into (1 yr. and you're getting ready to leave the infant stuff behind) and a well-heeled couple might appreciate. Or you could go the book route (if parents read to him)...

http://www.bestandcompany.com/

http://www.papodanjo.com/

Attachment 16878

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by herzzreh
I need to buy a present for a year old boy... by tomorrow. The kid is from a well-off family, not particularly needy. What the hell do I get a tiny kid? Within $200 or so.
If you are in NYC there is a great little toy store on 22nd street called Space Kiddets. They are not cheap but they carry a lot of interesting toys you not going to find at Toysrus.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the best toy were bought this year was a wal map from FAO shwartz. it has all sorts of stuff that you stick on - names of cities and countries, names of rivers and mountains, etc. all plush. I think that it was something like $300, probrably about as much as all the toys I has in my entire growing up period, put together. probrably as much as me and my simblings had.

but that's for older kids.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my 3 year old niece a bath robe and it turned out to be one of her favorite gifts.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
get him something he can **** in or drool on. that's about the speed of a 1 year old.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Just go pick out something cute at Baby Gap or Saks or something and make sure you give the gift receipt, no matter what you buy.
If you are giving so the Kid should be happy and in this way impress the parents, then go toys. If you are giving for the Parents, clothing might be more appreciated. In any case note the return policy of the store you are buying from because if you give a gift receipt and they can do nothing with it it will be wasted and you might end up wioth what Romafan posted.
wow.gif
Seriously, is it just me that thinks that item is just plain Fugly?
Originally Posted by romafan
Attachment 16878

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FIHTies

It's just you. It's patterned fugly

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FIHTies
If you are giving so the Kid should be happy and in this way impress the parents, then go toys. If you are giving for the Parents, clothing might be more appreciated. In any case note the return policy of the store you are buying from because if you give a gift receipt and they can do nothing with it it will be wasted and you might end up wioth what Romafan posted.

wow.gif

not so much fugly as creepy little lord fauntelroy-esque. that's the only little kid shot i saw (and he's more like 3). both places have nice stuff. however, as kunk pointed out, nice stuff is pretty much wasted on a 1 yr old but the parents might appreciate it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics