• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Semi-Official Styleforum IRC chat

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Jovan took it upon himself to set us up a channel on an IRC network where we can get together and chat in real-time. I am looking into Java chat applications so you won't need to download anything, but for the moment you can connect using mIRC, Trillian or any other IRC client.

Details are:

server: irc.nightstar.net
channel: #styleforum

You can download mIRC at http://www.mirc.org and find tutorials on how to set it up and run it.

I will drop in when I can, but don't expect good grammar, punctuation or capitalization out of me.
smile.gif

Edit: you can log in using the Nighstar.net Java chat applet:
http://www.nightstar.net/110.0.html

beefcake

Reaction score
Sweet! # screen irssi -c irc.nightstar.net -n beefcake (edit: I had some trouble connecting, and found this on their website, it made it work for me: NOTICE Due to the recent spambot infestation, port 6667 has been closed on DeepThought, Blargh, and Troika in an effort to improve network stability and reduce server load. Ports 6660 through 6666, 6668, and 6669 are still available for use. If you are having difficulty connecting, please use the Java client and poke #nightstar until someone awakens to talk you through configuring your client to use a port other than 6667. Escher.nightstar.net can also be used in an emergency, but as it was removed from the round robin for stability reasons we can make no guarantees as to its usability.)

keal

Reaction score
If you want to get there using your web browser, visit the Nightstar Java chat page http://www.nightstar.net/110.0.html Enter a nickname in the Nickname window, you can skip the password window, then enter 'styleforum' in the Channel window. Click the Connect button, wait about a minute, and you should be chatting with other styleforum members!

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
#styleforum actually, keal.
smile.gif

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
J, have you heard of gabbly? Basically it adds a chatbox to any website where you can chat with anybody else who has gabbly open and is surfing the website, all you have to do is add the website address after www.gabbly.com ie. http://www.gabbly.com/styleforum.net

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
J, have you heard of gabbly? Basically it adds a chatbox to any website where you can chat with anybody else who has gabbly open and is surfing the website, all you have to do is add the website address after www.gabbly.com ie. http://www.gabbly.com/styleforum.net
No, very interesting. Maybe that would be a good way to do it.

Brian SD

Reaction score
We can have denim cybers.

*my Samurai S0510XX lightly tickles and teases the selvage of your RB11s' coin pocket*

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dont post **** like that... im at work. if there was anyone around they would have known i wasnt working because i was laughing so hard.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Oh Christ, thanks Brian. Now I will never be clean again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads