1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Semi-Official Styleforum IRC chat

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

Okay, let's try this idea actually. How's 5 PM EST every day?

2. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

Style Forum IRC rules:
    1. Observe all the rules of the NightStar network.
    2. Anyone trolling or impersonating someone else will be removed, no questions asked.
    3. Don't pick fights with others. Civil arguments are fine, but attacking the person isn't acceptable.
    4. No prejudice will be tolerated. This includes race, religion, or sexuality. If you're only joking or trying to make a point, let us know.
    5. If you are unsure of if you should link to something, ask a channel operator via PM.
    6. Keep it friendly.
    Additional information:
    • The chat is member run. If you have a problem with someone or something in there, posting it on these forums will do no good, as it is not j's business.
    • Don't ask to be a channel operator, as they're chosen from existing members for a reason.
    • If you come in, idle a while or at least say hi. It isn't active 100% of the time, but usually someone somewhere will come in wanting to chat.

3. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

Quick new thing, guys: I've figured out how to make a link where mIRC opens up for you and connects to the appropriate server and channel. So, basically you just need to install mIRC and you're set to go! Click here to go to the SF chat!

4. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Senior member

I have been interested in this kind of IRC channel for a while. It needs to be always on because people will try to lo on once, not be able to connect because the server is taken off, then file it out of their minds forever.

5. mendel

mendel Senior member

I have been interested in this kind of IRC channel for a while. It needs to be always on because people will try to lo on once, not be able to connect because the server is taken off, then file it out of their minds forever.

That post you replied to is a few months old -- I think the IRC channel has been given up on. Last time I was on the server was up but the topic of the channel basically said "discontinued for lack of interest".