• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Selvedge

Geowu

Reaction score
Nudie R.R. comes in W36, who knows maybe you'll fit in those.

BTW: If you buy A.P.C. Rescues size 36 I bet they will be good. They run 2 or 3 sizes big and they're kind of bootleg..

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nudie R.R. comes in W36, who knows maybe you'll fit in those.

BTW: If you buy A.P.C. Rescues size 36 I bet they will be good. They run 2 or 3 sizes big and they're kind of bootleg..
And Nudie's RR also run large, at least a size or two.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've found this to be the case, is that a facet of Selvedge jeans being made mostly for the Japanese market?

Not really. It's just that at the high end of the "younger" market, there is usually not that much demand for sizes past 36, the most popular sizes being distributed around 32 (so 30-34 are most common).

I think that the APC jeans, the standard model of which is sized at least 2 sizes above the stated, is probably your best bet. Try the Rescue. And the 36 Nudie RR may fit too - if they are a *little* tight to begin with, remember that denim stretches considerably with wear.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Nudie RR's do run at least an inch big on the waist, but it's not going to be enough in Policy's case. I normally wear a size 30. My size 29 Nudie Regular Ralfs measure 29.75" across the waistband, after they've been washed (they stretch out over the months that you go without washing them, right now they're 30.5 after wearing them for about a month since the last wash). I dont think that the 36 will accomodate a 38" waist after washing. On the other hand, I've heard that a pair of 33 APC Rescues measure 38". This is absolutely rediculous and probably somewhat of a rare occasion, but if you ordered 36 Rescues, chances are you'd get somewhere around a 38 or 39 inch waist.

Brian SD

Reaction score
On the other hand, I've heard that a pair of 33 APC Rescues measure 38".
That's why they are called low rise. They will slide past your hips down to your ankles.
Hear hear. APC, pioneers of the new "prison rise" fit.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(LA Guy @ April 24 2005,17:11) Quote On the other hand, I've heard that a pair of 33 APC Rescues measure 38".
That's why they are called low rise. Â They will slide past your hips down to your ankles.
Hear hear. APC, pioneers of the new "prison rise" fit.[/quote] I was watching Oz on DVD last night, and that is not funny
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads