• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Selvedge: Only a gentlemen's game?

tangerine

Reaction score
^ I agree that we tend to get a little crazy about washing protocol in these threads.

For historical accuracy, though, I think it is safe to say that cowboys, miners, farmers, etc. in the old days did not necessarily have plumbing and/or washing machines available all the time, and it is more than likely that they wore dirty jeans for long periods of time between washes.

nomovement

Reaction score
true to that. but, just think of the world of familyman's where, basically, all these miners and cowboys are going around like members of sf. Long rides out on the range talking about honeycombing and selvege and wefts...then, everynight, opening up their cowboy/miner closet containing pairs upon pairs of different denims for different outing/outfit pairings etc wondering if its time to head to the riverbed to wash their nudies, going to the general store everyday hoping that the japanese denim detergent they ordered has arrived...btw, I was thinking more city slickers than brokeback when I was writing this so be careful with the jokes

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nomovement
you other guys should've been harder on whodini as you could've cleared up this mess half a page ago. He obviously meant raw denim. you could've made several corrections. one, nudie doesn't make any models for ladies; excepting one unisex model, that duty is handled by their counterpart denimbirds. I for one, am not buying any raw denim this season..for ladies; the experiential element would be lost on them AND, being dirty is not a big part of the female gender identity. That said, dark jeans on girls look HOT.

Revolve seems to market differently, which is why I originally made this post: http://www.revolveclothing.com/brand...NudieJeans.jsp

And as for being for being hard on me, I think I'm going to make my next post asking why people would buy jeans from japan instead of a nice american company like TR or 7FAM since Levis, like, practically STARTED the denim craze. Or maybe that I can tell the difference between butter and I Can't Believe That's Not Butter.

But I figured most people were on the same wavelength that there's no way a girl who just ran out to buy a pair of juicy jeans would give a second glance at raw jeans, even if it could look sexy.

nomovement

Reaction score
I'm afraid to use the term douchebag factory b/c I don't want to offend you any more; but, everytime I look at revolve's site, that's exactly what I think..this should give you even more reason not to like them. where did they get a model that would look decent in a pair of jeans with 2" of extra rise?? that's mom pant territory. oh, and ican't belive it's not butter tastes more like fabio's chest and less like trans ***** acids....you're right though. This was kind of a silly post and now I feel guilty for posting as I really had nothing to offer...but I'm really bored at work. If you're looking for some cool jeans for your lady though, don't buy her mislabled men's jeans.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nomovement
I'm afraid to use the term douchebag factory b/c I don't want to offend you any more; but, everytime I look at revolve's site, that's exactly what I think..this should give you even more reason not to like them. where did they get a model that would look decent in a pair of jeans with 2" of extra rise?? that's mom pant territory. oh, and ican't belive it's not butter tastes more like fabio's chest and less like trans ***** acids....you're right though. This was kind of a silly post and now I feel guilty for posting as I really had nothing to offer...but I'm really bored at work. If you're looking for some cool jeans for your lady though, don't buy her mislabled men's jeans.

Ex-lady...so maybe those monster-crotch jeans work afterall...

nomovement

Reaction score
ha! did you mean that you were looking on behalf of your ex-lady meaning ex girlfriend or that ex-lady menas he's a she?? funny either way

activeendeavors.com has a bunch of good girl jeans

rnrswitch

Reaction score
I don't want my girlfriend wearing denim for 6 months straight with no washing... That would cut out on my "down time."

The beauty of double standards.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnrswitch
I don't want my girlfriend wearing denim for 6 months straight with no washing... That would cut out on my "down time."

The beauty of double standards.

thanks for bringing up a point i failed to mention earlier, rnrswitch. chicks are way cleaner than us, period. Who really wants their skank to be stank anyway?

Brian SD

Reaction score
Not sure about you guys but most college girls I know only wash their jeans once every month or so. They gotta keep them Sevens in the original color as best they can.

Also, Thin Finns look horrible on women.. Super Slim Kims look really great.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Not sure about you guys but most college girls I know only wash their jeans once every month or so. They gotta keep them Sevens in the original color as best they can.

Also, Thin Finns look horrible on women.. Super Slim Kims look really great.

I would agree, I think most girls wash their jeans fairly infrequently and many of them rotate multple pairs in any case.

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw a chick in the metro this morning, with heeled open-toe shoes and a cheap monday raw.

!luc

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went with my friend and his girlfriend to buy her some Nudie SSKs tonight. I was all like, "two words. Wife material."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads