• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Selvedge Denim Shorts

Remrem

Reaction score
Jorts, eh? They look silly. I know a supposedly bisexual guy who wears them.

transient

Reaction score
Haven't worn em. Don't see anything wrong if they're at knee length though. Maybe I'll make a summer pair next time I catch gap/unbranded selvedge on sale.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selvedge does not make them acceptable.

alexanduh

Reaction score
pics.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Right here. Picked up a pair of Denime cut-offs at a used clothing store in Tokyo (Harajuku, I think). I wore them as part of my "sexy Chilean miner" Halloween costume last year. Can't say they get a ton of wear otherwise.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jorts in and of themselves are no more unacceptable than anything else that has a lot of really bad versions/are usually worn terribly.

them being selvedge doesn't matter, but if they fit well and look nice (inb4 "JORTS NEVER LOOK NICE") I don't see a big problem with jorts qua jorts.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Yes, but them being selvage makes it funny.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So...you'd cuff them to show the selvedge line?

Hmmm...I wear a lot of cutoffs -- mostly khakis/fatigues just cuz i'm cheap, and the appeal of cutoffs to me is the IDGAF-ness. Cuffing shorts seems to run against that. Jean shorts can be OK the most casual of situations provided they're not too tight...YMMV, of course.

Edit: Now see your WAWT photo: That actually looks like something someone would buy. Very tidily done.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Who rocks em besides me.
i liked you until this post. do you seriously wear them? i can see some people wearing them ... but not recently. in the 80s it say okay.

marg

Reaction score
selvedge doesn't automatically equal acceptable

Jared7

Reaction score
jorts-header.jpg

pauly-shore.jpg

agassi-e1283949213675.jpg

kevin-smith.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads