1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Selvedge chinos?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by radicaldog, Feb 27, 2013.

Is selvedge fabric an attractive feature in chinos, all else being equal?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Indifferent

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. What an idiotic question

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. radicaldog

radicaldog Senior member

Is there a point? (Genuine question -- cross-posting to SW&D for obvious reasons.)

Cheers.

2. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Senior member Dubiously Honored

i don't understand the question
    are you referring to a woven selvedge with words woven in? like suiting
    or like they do with denim?

if like denim, i have no clue as to what the purpose would be

3. radicaldog

radicaldog Senior member

Like denim. Some makers offer selvedge chinos, sometimes in five-pocket (i.e. jean-like) designs.

4. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

The selvedge chinos I've experienced are more like workwear fabrics. There's a point. They tend to wear harder and have a bit of workwear sensibility. Very different from, say, the casual chinos at J Crew, or the dress chinos that Panta would sell.

I assume most people on this side of the board don't have much experience with selvedge chinos, so my guess is that you're not going to get very helpful responses here. Might want to bias your findings towards SWD.

1 person likes this.