Selvage Jeans at Target?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by paulvarjak, Nov 4, 2011.

1. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

aaaeeeiiiooouuu Senior member

ITT a bunch of lemmings buy shitty jeans from their local big box store because they have a design feature that nice jeans have

2. qO ol

qO ol New Member

surprisingly, they're not shitty.

3. qO ol

qO ol New Member

^^
    guess you calling me a lemming then. alright, i'm new here, but i guess i'll have to start using the 'block member' option earlier than expected.

just wanted to help by confirming that Selvage=Selvedge; had to sign up to do so.
    i guess non-lemmings have to buy expensive jeans at small-box stores to feel special.

4. qO ol

qO ol New Member

surprisingly, they're not shitty.

that design feature/stripe is like a by-product, an indicator of how the fabric is loomed. how it's loomed is what's nice.
    but in the end they're still cookie-cutter jeans, right?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011

5. BuffaloWang

BuffaloWang Senior member

6. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

I have a shirt with selvage trim.....is dat da quality chambray?????? :eh:

7. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

The ironing of telling people off for buying expensive things while advocating the purchase of goods so that you fit in with that same exact group...

This is some "12 Monkeys"-level trolling here.

8. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Get out the irony board.

9. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Nice jeans can be had for cheap, there's no excuse for getting shitty jeans from, literally, Target other than sheer ignorance or refusal to do the most cursory research

For example, if you do a little poking around, you can get some Naked & Famous for like $ 75 or so, which admittedly are sort of shitty in their own right, but at least the value's there, whereas these are terrible value and of course there is the implicit shame in wearing, literally, Target jeans, each time you put them on

Once you begin wearing jeans from Target, compromise will seep into every facet of your life. Soon, you'll be able to rationalize eating dog food over human food, because hey, the constituent parts are the same, and it looks similar enough, so nevermind the details of it or dignity issues. Taste might be a little off, but I'm willing to subject myself to this because it's "close enough" but most importantly i think i'm getting such a bargain

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011

10. pimpmystyle

pimpmystyle Senior member

You're an idiot.

11. vaalbara

vaalbara Senior member

at the end of the day you're still flaunting the fact that you're wearing jeans from target

12. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

This is styleforum. I know you want to have a race to the bottom to see who can find the cheapest slave-labor clothing that resembles the sorts of clothing we actually like to talk about, but why don't you take it to one of those message boards for other taste deficient spendthrifts like slickdeals.net

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011

13. Saul Silver

Saul Silver Senior member

5 star thread.

Anyways, nobody really cares about your jeans as long as they fit well, have a flattering cut, and don't have garish pre-distressing/stiching, etc. Most Styleforum members probably couldn't even tell the difference between someone wearing these jeans and someone wearing Skulls or Sugarcanes. Are those jeans better quality? Absolutely. Are they worth the $200-300 difference? That's up for the buyer to decide.

But yeah, most people here would probably die of embarrassment if they were to buy jeans from Target of all places so they should probably stay far away.

14. Matt44

Matt44 Senior member

:lol:

15. chill1217

chill1217 Well-Known Member

this is a poor analogy because a 3 tire car is not functional, while $40 jeans are functional

there's a disconnect in logic here. the one thing nobody in this thread has explained is "what makes target selvedge jeans shitty?"

this doesn't make sense at all in the context of the thread. who was telling people off for buying expensive jeans while advocating the purchase of expensive goods?

same problem as above, you gotta define why target jeans are shitty if you want your argument to hold weight. otherwise it's just an issue of branding/groupthink

one of the only posts that make sense

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011