• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Seller won't take CC through Paypal; Won't/Can't Refund Payment

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
I'm in a weird situation right now over a $20 item.

I made a Paypal payment with a credit card only to receive an email later from the seller that she couldn't accept Paypal payments via CC. She said that on her end she only had the option to accept payment; there was no "deny" option. As the payment status is still "Unclaimed," she said to simply pay again via my Paypal balance and that eventually the CC payment would be refunded automatically due to being unclaimed.

As Paypal's FAQ is pretty much FAQing useless:
1) Anyone know how long it will take for Paypal to "automatically" refund my CC?
2) I would just have the auction canceled but then that really wouldn't solve my refund problem. Or could it?

Any info would help. It's not that I don't trust the seller but I simply don't like how she's basically making this MY problem when her auction clearly states that she accepts credit cards and makes no mention of not being able to pay via PayPayl with CCs. It's only $20 but I don't feel like dealing with Paypal down the road when it could potentially be resolved in an easier manner.

Thanks.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why there isn't a deny option. What is the point of it being unclaimed and only having accept?

jase12

Reaction score
find out where she lives and steal her mailbox

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
No info, sorry. The situation is as strange as your avatar. Something is off.

AintDatRite

Reaction score
If the payment is unclaimed, you can cancel it:

1. Log in to your account.
2. Click the My Account tab.
3. Click the History subtab.
4. Click Cancel in the Action column of the transaction in question.
5. Click Cancel Payment.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.8%