• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Selima Optique

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No thread on here are about these sunglasses. Does anyone on here have a pair or can vouch for their overall quality? The price is really quite large, but if they will last me some years it doesn't matter too much.

I found these whilst browsing context clothing; this is my first run in with this manufacturer, and I will gladly accept advice.

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=623

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I like the ones Jcrew has more than the ones on context or on selimas own site.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
It's pretty easy to find top end sunglasses heavily discounted. I wouldn't really pay $200+ when you can get Oliver Peoples for $150.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And where does one find Oliver Peoples for $150?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Gilt Group has Paul Smith (Oliver Peoples) for $90ish, and they also have had Mosley Tribes sales. You can also find them on ebay, just be careful not to buy something that seems too good to be true, and check feedback.

Johnny Amiga

Reaction score
I wouldn't pay 280$ for those (I'd be way too scared of breaking or losing them), but they're still gorgeous. Need to try to find something more affordable but with a similiar styling.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I think I'm just going to get them; I need it to complete a 'look' It's kindof expensive, but money is not so good collecting dust.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
look at www.moscot.com - the ones that jcrew makes are exactly the same as the NEBB and half the price. i have them and quality is top notch.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biscotti
I found these whilst browsing context clothing; this is my first run in with this manufacturer, and I will gladly accept advice.
FWIW, Selima is not a manufacturer. She's merely a retailer turned designer. She used to sell an assortment of brands in her shop and branched out into her own branded frames. She's been pretty successful at pushing her brand and expanding her retail operations. Don't know who makes the products though.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biscotti
Hmm, I think I'm just going to get them; I need it to complete a 'look' It's kindof expensive, but money is not so good collecting dust.

If I found a cheaper pair, would you give me the difference?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads