• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge x Toyo Enterprises = SEXT11 - The Jungle Cloth Pant

DrPat

Reaction score
As anyone seen stretching more than 1 inch?

A size 30 would fit better in the legs but a size 31 would fit better in the waist. If the size 30 would stretch to 32.5in it would be perfect.

Fiddy, what size do you wear in IH 634 (you got a 30 in these, correct)?

Fiddy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrPat
As anyone seen stretching more than 1 inch?

A size 30 would fit better in the legs but a size 31 would fit better in the waist. If the size 30 would stretch to 32.5in it would be perfect.

Fiddy, what size do you wear in IH 634 (you got a 30 in these, correct)?

I'm not sure about a 2.5" stretch, but I'm pretty sure they'll go more than an inch. I wear a belt with mine so they don't stretch out beyond 1".

I don't have 634's, but I wear a 30 in the SEXIH07's.

arrow

Reaction score
I wear 32 in IronHearts and went tagsize 31 for the Jungle Cloth.
A little tight in the beginning but will soften up and provide a better long term fit.

DrPat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fiddy
I'm not sure about a 2.5" stretch, but I'm pretty sure they'll go more than an inch. I wear a belt with mine so they don't stretch out beyond 1".

I don't have 634's, but I wear a 30 in the SEXIH07's.

I would need a 1.5in stretch since the size 30 has a 31in waist.

Thanks for the info Fiddy and Arrow.

DrPat

Reaction score
I just received the jungle pants. Thanks to the above suggestions, I got a Size 30. The fit is perfect! I was a bit worried about the waist being too small but according to my measurements it's approximately 0.75in larger than the advertised value, so no problem there. They are a little tight when I lift my knees high but I'm sure they will loosen up a bit.

I am approximately 5'11'' (180cm) and 155lbs (70kg). I take a Size 31 in IH 634.

jungle.jpg

arrow

Reaction score
Nice fit, Dr.Pat -
Are you going to hem them?

Now your Jungle Cloth adventures begin...

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrPat
I just received the jungle pants. Thanks to the above suggestions, I got a Size 30. The fit is perfect! I was a bit worried about the waist being too small but according to my measurements it's approximately 0.75in larger than the advertised value, so no problem there. They are a little tight when I lift my knees high but I'm sure they will loosen up a bit.

I am approximately 5'11'' (180cm) and 155lbs (70kg). I take a Size 31 in IH 634.

You need a leopard fur coat for these.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shininess is.. interesting... but a lot less noteworthy in the wild. Take a look at the beach photo for a good example- once you pay attention you can see sheen, but it isn't really attention drawing.

Quack

Reaction score
Originally Posted by james_timothy
The shininess is.. interesting... but a lot less noteworthy in the wild. Take a look at the beach photo for a good example- once you pay attention you can see sheen, but it isn't really attention drawing.

I wouldn't be so sure, they have quite a sheen to them. I haven't worn mine enough for it to go away (they are tight, and haven't stretched out at all yet), but my roomate already refers to them as my "gold pants," and a few of my other friends have brought it up as well.

DrPat

Reaction score
I'll probably get them hemmed so that I can cuff them once. But I think I'll wait until I've washed them a few times.

The flash in the photo makes them appear more shiny than they actually are. And it's definitely not something which bothers me.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quack
but my roomate already refers to them as my "gold pants," and a few of my other friends have brought it up as well.

I think they get commented on because the sext11's are charismatic pants: they are just tan jeans in the same way that a black leather moto is just a dark jacket.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My NdG khaki jeans have always had a bit of a sheen to them. It's mostly gone away over time, but I have only soaked them twice (no washes). If you wanted to dull the sheen more quickly, you could just make a point of washing them often, and doing something in them other than sitting on your butt.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any updates on these things? Thinking about buying a pair, but it's a lot of store credit if they don't work out. Worried about them being excessively golden and / or shiny.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't even understand these. Shiny gold pants. woohoo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads