1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Self Edge x Toyo Enterprises = SEXT11 - The Jungle Cloth Pant

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kiya, Jan 20, 2010.

1. kiya

kiya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Alright, I think I'm going to bite this morning. I wear a 31 in APC NS - should I go with a 31 in these as well?

Yup, go with the same size.

2. Chief Touching You

Chief Touching You Active Member

3. Chief Touching You

I received mine this morning. The quality is amazing! I wish I would have ordered a size larger though, as they are a bit snug in the top block. Can anyone confirm that the waist stretches around 1"?

4. Fiddy

Fiddy Senior member

I received mine this morning. The quality is amazing! I wish I would have ordered a size larger though, as they are a bit snug in the top block. Can anyone confirm that the waist stretches around 1"?

I can confirm that.

5. Chief Touching You

Awesome! I'm glad I sized down 1 as I LOVE the fit everywhere else.

6. DrPat

DrPat Senior member

As anyone seen stretching more than 1 inch?

A size 30 would fit better in the legs but a size 31 would fit better in the waist. If the size 30 would stretch to 32.5in it would be perfect.

Fiddy, what size do you wear in IH 634 (you got a 30 in these, correct)?

7. Fiddy

Fiddy Senior member

As anyone seen stretching more than 1 inch?

A size 30 would fit better in the legs but a size 31 would fit better in the waist. If the size 30 would stretch to 32.5in it would be perfect.

Fiddy, what size do you wear in IH 634 (you got a 30 in these, correct)?

I'm not sure about a 2.5" stretch, but I'm pretty sure they'll go more than an inch. I wear a belt with mine so they don't stretch out beyond 1".

I don't have 634's, but I wear a 30 in the SEXIH07's.

8. arrow

arrow Senior member

I wear 32 in IronHearts and went tagsize 31 for the Jungle Cloth.
    A little tight in the beginning but will soften up and provide a better long term fit.

9. DrPat

DrPat Senior member

I'm not sure about a 2.5" stretch, but I'm pretty sure they'll go more than an inch. I wear a belt with mine so they don't stretch out beyond 1".

I don't have 634's, but I wear a 30 in the SEXIH07's.

I would need a 1.5in stretch since the size 30 has a 31in waist.

Thanks for the info Fiddy and Arrow.

10. DrPat

DrPat Senior member

I just received the jungle pants. Thanks to the above suggestions, I got a Size 30. The fit is perfect! I was a bit worried about the waist being too small but according to my measurements it's approximately 0.75in larger than the advertised value, so no problem there. They are a little tight when I lift my knees high but I'm sure they will loosen up a bit.

I am approximately 5'11'' (180cm) and 155lbs (70kg). I take a Size 31 in IH 634.

[​IMG]

11. arrow

arrow Senior member

Nice fit, Dr.Pat -
    Are you going to hem them?

Now your Jungle Cloth adventures begin...

12. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

I just received the jungle pants. Thanks to the above suggestions, I got a Size 30. The fit is perfect! I was a bit worried about the waist being too small but according to my measurements it's approximately 0.75in larger than the advertised value, so no problem there. They are a little tight when I lift my knees high but I'm sure they will loosen up a bit.

I am approximately 5'11'' (180cm) and 155lbs (70kg). I take a Size 31 in IH 634.

You need a leopard fur coat for these.

13. james_timothy

james_timothy Senior member

The shininess is.. interesting... but a lot less noteworthy in the wild. Take a look at the beach photo for a good example- once you pay attention you can see sheen, but it isn't really attention drawing.

14. Quack

Quack Well-Known Member

The shininess is.. interesting... but a lot less noteworthy in the wild. Take a look at the beach photo for a good example- once you pay attention you can see sheen, but it isn't really attention drawing.

I wouldn't be so sure, they have quite a sheen to them. I haven't worn mine enough for it to go away (they are tight, and haven't stretched out at all yet), but my roomate already refers to them as my "gold pants," and a few of my other friends have brought it up as well.

15. DrPat

DrPat Senior member

I'll probably get them hemmed so that I can cuff them once. But I think I'll wait until I've washed them a few times.

The flash in the photo makes them appear more shiny than they actually are. And it's definitely not something which bothers me.

16. james_timothy

james_timothy Senior member

but my roomate already refers to them as my "gold pants," and a few of my other friends have brought it up as well.

I think they get commented on because the sext11's are charismatic pants: they are just tan jeans in the same way that a black leather moto is just a dark jacket.

17. zissou

zissou Senior member

My NdG khaki jeans have always had a bit of a sheen to them. It's mostly gone away over time, but I have only soaked them twice (no washes). If you wanted to dull the sheen more quickly, you could just make a point of washing them often, and doing something in them other than sitting on your butt.

18. Fiddy

Fiddy Senior member

19. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Any updates on these things? Thinking about buying a pair, but it's a lot of store credit if they don't work out. Worried about them being excessively golden and / or shiny.

20. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

I don't even understand these. Shiny gold pants. woohoo.