1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Self Edge x Sugar Cane = SEXSC06 - THE SECOND COMING OF FIRE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kiya, Nov 5, 2008.

1. xchen

xchen Senior member

I don't really find them to be that big. My new wallet had to be forced into the back pocket the first time, but it will break in and eventually slide right in there. I am glad these have lined pockets so the pocket will take longer to wear through since I am using such a hefty wallet with them.

2. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] ^ never realized I have a black ass. [​IMG] [​IMG] There you go..my fit pic.. Will post-measurement when I get to my friend house. I seem to misplaced my measuring tape =[

3. Teger

Teger Senior member

Look great! We have a few sizes left so grab these quick yo

4. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

The more fit pics I see, these are just fantastic jeans!

5. borderline

borderline Senior member

I don't really find them to be that big. My new wallet had to be forced into the back pocket the first time, but it will break in and eventually slide right in there. I am glad these have lined pockets so the pocket will take longer to wear through since I am using such a hefty wallet with them.

OK you have a Costanza wallet. Actually, you are talking about pocket volume, I'm talking about area. That last fit pic has the pocket going down a ways below other jeans...

6. kiya

kiya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

We just got the second half of our shipment of these, and final shipment at Self Edge: http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=65 After 9 months of R&D, we are pleased and honored to offer the SEXSC06 Jean; a cutting-edge collaboration style designed by Self Edge and Japan's world-renowned denim brand - Sugar Cane. Sugar Cane is the pioneer brand that got its name for manufacturing denim and other fabrics crafted from blending some of the world's best cotton and sugar cane fibers, yielding exotic, unparalleled garments that produce absolutely outrageous personality with age and wear like nothing else on the market (and they smell sweet, too, thanks to the generous blend of sugar cane). The SEXSC06 jeans offer plenty of inseam length on a mid/low-rise, narrow-leg body made with specially crafted 13oz Japanese denim produced from 50% Okinawa cotton and 50% Okinawa sugar cane that is loomed on vintage power-operated shuttle looms in such a way as to duplicate the looser, more-porous, slubby weave associated with hand-powered wooden looms from the 19th century, creating a breathable jean that's perfect for warmer climates. -13oz Slack Weave Unsanforized Japanese Selvedge Denim -Hand Loomed Style Denim -50/50 Cotton / Sugar Cane Fiber Blend -Reinforced Crotch (Denim Patch) -Black Anodized Buttons -Buffalo Leather Tag -Pin-Check Rear Pocket Lining -Japanese Sun Stripe Pocket Bags [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. borderline

borderline Senior member

I don't really find them to be that big. My...had to be forced into...the first time, but it will break in and eventually slide right in there. I am glad these have ... since I am using such a hefty ... with them.
    Edited for [​IMG]

8. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

Look great! We have a few sizes left so grab these quick yo

Thanks man!

I'm really digging the jeans. !

9. woodywoodson

woodywoodson Well-Known Member

How are you guys dealing with the 39" inseams? Hemming them? Letting them stack?

10. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Senior member

How are you guys dealing with the 39" inseams? Hemming them? Letting them stack?

Keep in mind that you've got to hot soak them right away and that will shrink the inseam a couple of inches, depending on the size. I have a pair of 33's and my inseam went from 39" to 37" which is perfect for me.

11. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

warren G, are you actually comfortable with how snug they are (look) at the thighs or are you expecting them to stretch out nicely?

12. woodywoodson

Keep in mind that you've got to hot soak them right away and that will shrink the inseam a couple of inches, depending on the size. I have a pair of 33's and my inseam went from 39" to 37" which is perfect for me.

Good point. For some people's legs they may be perfect. My usual quoted inseam measurement is 33".

13. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

warren G, are you actually comfortable with how snug they are (look) at the thighs or are you expecting them to stretch out nicely?

Yeah I'm actually comfortable with em now. They will stretch out nicely.

14. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

Mine are dry and have worn them for a few hours so far. The fit is amazing, but just need to hem them a couple of inches. Will post pics soon.

Is the indigo on anyone elses jeans rubbing off onto other surfaces? Last night I guess i had rubbed my hands on my jeans a few times and then I realized shortly after that they were covered in indigo....

15. james nicolas

james nicolas Senior member

my hands wind up blue too
    here's a fit pic of mine
    i don't think i ever posted it here
    [​IMG]

16. fitzge22

fitzge22 Member

I just bought a pair of F310's, but im also considering getting a pair of these. My 310's are size 32 and are very tight in the thighs (I hot soaked the hell out of them) so I need some help deciding if 32's or 33s would be better with theses. I love the fit of everything else in my 310's except the very tight thigh. I also have a year old pair of APC ns size 31 and I love how they fit. Any size recommendations?

17. kiya

kiya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I just bought a pair of F310's, but im also considering getting a pair of these. My 310's are size 32 and are very tight in the thighs (I hot soaked the hell out of them) so I need some help deciding if 32's or 33s would be better with theses. I love the fit of everything else in my 310's except the very tight thigh. I also have a year old pair of APC ns size 31 and I love how they fit. Any size recommendations?

Get a size 33 in these and you'll be set.. if you get the 33 you'll be able to do a hot soak and not worry about them being too slim after the soak.

18. woodywoodson

Get a size 33 in these and you'll be set.. if you get the 33 you'll be able to do a hot soak and not worry about them being too slim after the soak.

My experience with these jeans tells me this is correct. My 32s became very tight after the soak. I also wear a 31 in NS.

19. Teger

Teger Senior member

Update: I soaked mine again tonight (didn't really lose any more indigo), just to test out a theory, and I'm so glad I did.

One thing that was bugging me with these jeans was the leg opening. An 8.3" opening (which mine had shrunk to) just seemed way too large for the narrow ankle/slimmish fit, and was too big for many of my shoes, and after the soak its about at an 8" which is fucking perfect.

Awesome jeans. Fuck I want a second pair.

20. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

I agree...this jeans is amazing.