• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Self Edge x Imperial = SEXI14

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Joined
Dec 14, 2006
Messages
5,581
Reaction score
781
Self Edge x Imperial = SEXI14

Imperial, our sole brand from Australia, comes back with another jean made for lovers of slim cuts. This is a further interpretation of the slim centimeter cut, this time tweaking the silhouette a bit to match up to the 18cm fit. This fit isn't necessarily slimmer than the last collaboration we did with Imperial, it's just a little different in it's shaping.

We've had Imperial produce this collaboration jean in Japan, whereas their regular jeans are made of Japanese fabrics but cut and sewn in Australia. The denim is a 15oz unsanforized selvedge fabric that's a super loose weave available in both indigo and black, both are sure to age very well considering the texture of the denim and the loomstate nature of the fabric. The denim was woven in Okayama and the jean was cut and sewn within minutes of the denim mill.
The denim has a very unique feel to it, it's abrasive at first but definitely not very rigid due to the lack of starch. The belt loops are rolled for sturdiness, the pack pockets are riveted, and the inside pocket bags are screened.

The SEXI14 & SEXI14BK jeans will be released at Self Edge San Francisco, Self Edge New York, and Self Edge Los Angeles at Noon (Local Time) on Saturday, December 11th.
The jeans will also be available online at 10am (PST) the same day in the online store.


Check our online store for more information on this jean, a complete specification list, measurements, and hi-res photos:
https://www.selfedge.com/shop/index....index&cPath=33

SEXI14 Indigo & Black









 

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2010
Messages
8,226
Reaction score
1,885
Blacks look way cool, Kiya. Props.
 

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Joined
Dec 14, 2006
Messages
5,581
Reaction score
781
Originally Posted by mikecch
But if it's made in Japan, is it still produced by Imperial?
Did they send their Aussie workers over?


Do you really think that any clothing brand in the world owns the factories which their jeans are made in?
 

mikecch

Senior Member
Joined
May 30, 2010
Messages
689
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by kiya
Do you really think that any clothing brand in the world owns the factories which their jeans are made in?
I know a couple, but then again they are factory-brands :p Didn't mean to offend
, I was just under the impression that Imperial made their own jeans - I remember talking to a local stockist near me, and they told me Imperial do most productions in house. That's one of their big attractions to me (me being Australian and all): made in Australia. It's a bit strange seeing the kangaroo on the pocket when it isn't actually made here (traditionally for us, the kangaroo symbol on products certifies them as Australian owned and made).
 

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Joined
Dec 14, 2006
Messages
5,581
Reaction score
781
Originally Posted by mikecch
I know a couple, but then again they are factory-brands :p

Didn't mean to offend
, I was just under the impression that Imperial made their own jeans - I remember talking to a local stockist near me, and they told me Imperial do most productions in house.

That's one of their big attractions to me (me being Australian and all): made in Australia.
It's a bit strange seeing the kangaroo on the pocket when it isn't actually made here (traditionally for us, the kangaroo symbol on products certifies them as Australian owned and made).


What brand owns the factories which their products are made in?
It's near unheard of.
 

mikecch

Senior Member
Joined
May 30, 2010
Messages
689
Reaction score
3
Brands like one of one in Okayama/Enishi, Studio Zero, etc...wee little factory brands to be sure, but still they exist. Of course, Roy Slaper and Ande Whall are one-man factories :p Not meaning to start a little war - I was just curious of the reasoning behind Imperials not made in Australia, isn't that one of their main attractions and what differentiates Imperial from the dozens and dozens of quality denim brands in Japan? I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying I would like to understand.
 

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Joined
Dec 14, 2006
Messages
5,581
Reaction score
781
Originally Posted by mikecch
Brands like one of one in Okayama/Enishi, Studio Zero, etc...wee little factory brands to be sure, but still they exist.
Of course, Roy Slaper and Ande Whall are one-man factories :p

Not meaning to start a little war - I was just curious of the reasoning behind Imperials not made in Australia, isn't that one of their main attractions and what differentiates Imperial from the dozens and dozens of quality denim brands in Japan?
I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying I would like to understand.


It comes down to the fact that production of jeans in countries like Australia is very difficult and there aren't many places that you can get jeans cut and sewn. If you want to pinpoint an exact type of production then you're going to have to go to a place like Japan where it's easier to find a factory that's going to make your jeans exactly how you want them, even if the prices are higher.
 

mikecch

Senior Member
Joined
May 30, 2010
Messages
689
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by kiya
It comes down to the fact that production of jeans in countries like Australia is very difficult and there aren't many places that you can get jeans cut and sewn. If you want to pinpoint an exact type of production then you're going to have to go to a place like Japan where it's easier to find a factory that's going to make your jeans exactly how you want them, even if the prices are higher.

Thanks Kiya, that makes sense...I guess Imperial's Australian manufacturer is a little limited, with the lack of chain-stitch hemming and all.
 

iroh

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2008
Messages
1,339
Reaction score
61
When worn the back pocket arrows point to the wearer's butthole.
 

madstaxbro

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2010
Messages
286
Reaction score
1
^Lol. The patches are neat too. Releasing a lot of high-profile denim lately..
 

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 14 3.9%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 61 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 117 32.8%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 64 17.9%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 26 7.3%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 19 5.3%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 13 3.6%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 6 1.7%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 12 3.4%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 2 0.6%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 3 0.8%
  • 100+

    Votes: 20 5.6%

Related Threads

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
427,392
Messages
9,198,113
Members
193,181
Latest member
robopow

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top