Self Edge x Flat Head = SEXFH05

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kiya, Apr 14, 2008.

1. kiya

kiya Brand Representative Affiliate Vendor

hi i like my jeans to measure 17" in the waist when laid flat after all the stretching has been done
    what size size should i get in these?
    ive gotten new standards and imperial dukes to stretch from 32" to 34".
    would these stretch from 32" to 34"?

You need a size 32 in the SEXFH05.

2. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Senior member

redacted

3. bigskydream

bigskydream Senior member

You need a size 32 in the SEXFH05.

I'm looking for a 17" waist (after all soaking/stretching as well), but thought that size 33 SEXFH05 would be right for this.

Based on the measurements on the site, a size 32 SEXFH05 will start at 33.5", lose 1.5" after a soak/wash, and then stretch back out 1". That would leave them with a 33" waist.

I'm not second guessing Kiya...just trying to figure it out for myself.

4. jojje678

jojje678 New Member

care for some more size advice for the indigos, kiya? [​IMG]

2 inch below bellybutton I measure about 30", a little more if loose, and my thigh measures 20" at bigges point. where I wear them I measure about 32". most my stretched jeans measure about 33" in the waist.

I'm choosing between size 31 and 32. up to you.[​IMG]

5. kiya

I'm looking for a 17" waist (after all soaking/stretching as well), but thought that size 33 SEXFH05 would be right for this.

Based on the measurements on the site, a size 32 SEXFH05 will start at 33.5", lose 1.5" after a soak/wash, and then stretch back out 1". That would leave them with a 33" waist.

I'm not second guessing Kiya...just trying to figure it out for myself.

They will eventually stretch another .5" to 1" after a few months of constant wear...

6. kiya

care for some more size advice for the indigos, kiya? [​IMG]

2 inch below bellybutton I measure about 30", a little more if loose, and my thigh measures 20" at bigges point. where I wear them I measure about 32". most my stretched jeans measure about 33" in the waist.

I'm choosing between size 31 and 32. up to you.[​IMG]

Size 31...

7. windwos

windwos Active Member

hey kiya. I'm thinking of buying one pair of each, one black and one indigo.

what would be the proper size for me with each?

at bellybutton: 29"
    about 2" below: 30-31"
    thickest part of hips(including buttocks): 36"
    where I wear them: about 33"

Size 32.

oh really? I was thinking 31?

8. sidney

sidney Senior member

oh really? I was thinking 31?

If you're in between 30-31" for your true waist measurement, I would just look at the thigh measurement and see if the smaller size is bearable. If it is, then go for the 31.

I always assume a size up so it's hard to tell when 'in between' means. Hope that helps.

9. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

Had another sizing question... So I wear a 34 pretty much in everything else, but I am still a bit confused on the SEXFH sizing. I was hoping to get these in black if there are any left by the time they hit online, and that the 34 is actually 37 inches in the waist, so I figured that would work for me. But then it says that it will stretch up to 1.8 inches after that, so close to a 39 right? I know it will shrink afterwards so it will then be 37 inches again roughly? I measured two inches below my navel and it came out right under 37. If the blacks do run out I figured maybe I would just get the indigos then, which would be smaller in the waist so would I need to size up to a 36(which measures out to be 37.5 inches)? Basically I didn't know if the "actual waste sizes" that are below the tagged sizes are what the final measurements (post shrink/stretch) would be or what. Much thanks for any information on this.

10. sidney

sidney Senior member

They shrink the listed amount, then stretch back the listed amount.

You figured out your size.

11. trans_ak

trans_ak Active Member

Stoked to see these in person on Saturday... no idea whether I'm going for the indigo or black. Never owned Flat Heads either. I'm looking to fall in love

12. kiya

Early reports from the people that have tried the indigo ones in the store...
    Sizing down one on these is ok, the waist doesn't run as small as the 3001, it's not a deadly situation as it is on the 3001 if you go too small.
    So if you're one of the few trying to decide between two sizes, go for the smaller one.
    Keep in mind, it's unsanforized denim, so there's a lot options once you receive the jeans. If it's tight do a 20 minute cold soak, if you've got room then do a one hour long very hot soak and they'll shrink right down.

13. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

so i was able to do a 32 in the FH3001, they fit, just not comfortably, and i eventaully sold them, and was thinking a 33 in FH3001 would be more comfortable...
    should i go for the 32 in this then HMM, i might just go with a comfy jean route of 33 though ahh decision decisions

14. sidney

sidney Senior member

You'll be okay either way. If you opt for the smaller size, cold soak. If you opt for the bigger size, hot soak it to death.

Gyeeaaah.

15. kiya

Also, the way we had the jean cut on the waist (the top block) no size will have a super tight waist, but the rest of the cut will remain quite slim. There's no need to have a painful first month or so with these jeans to attain a super slim look.